CAL MD80 profile

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C-DALE DRVR

Does anyone know where to get the profile and power settings for the 80? I have a buddy that has a upcoming interview and can't afford the higher power prep. And this is not flame bait and the guy has in the area of 8000 hours. I just wanted to clarify so I don't start WWIII. I did a search but can't find anything. Thanks in advance

GO DO THE G'DM PREP. $475 well spent. The sim in DFW is much more squirley than the IAH one and after you fly it, you'll sleep through the interview sim it's so easy. If you've been flying glass airplanes, it would benefit greatly!!

Put it this way, do you want to walk out of the sim going "man I guess I didn't really need the prep" or "man I really wish I did that prep"? You do your sim before your interview, usually. if you botch the sim, you could psych yourself out for the interview, too!

Patriot328 said:
GO DO THE G'DM PREP. $475 well spent. The sim in DFW is much more squirley than the IAH one and after you fly it, you'll sleep through the interview sim it's so easy. If you've been flying glass airplanes, it would benefit greatly!!

Put it this way, do you want to walk out of the sim going "man I guess I didn't really need the prep" or "man I really wish I did that prep"? You do your sim before your interview, usually. if you botch the sim, you could psych yourself out for the interview, too!

I suggest Alteon for $375, since Higher Power uses Alteon's sims. Cheaper and a great practice session. Otherwise, I agree with Patriot...money well spent.

-Neal

BluDevAv8r said:
I suggest Alteon for $375, since Higher Power uses Alteon's sims. Cheaper and a great practice session. Otherwise, I agree with Patriot...money well spent.

-Neal

Agreed, it's the same sim. Probably the same crap on the briefing room board, etc... If you can get it for $100, by all means!

alteon for $375 is the way to go. You can't afford not to do the sim prep. I would much rather do the prep and think I didn't need it and get hired, the not get hired and wish i did the prep.

The sim ride is extremely easy. The entire flight is done with the flight director on and the right seater runs the MCP.

Takeoff
Two 30 degree turns
Hold (start the entry and then get vectors)
ILS to full stop.

From brake release to stopping on the runway was a wopping 11 minutes.

If you have flown in the airlines you probably don't need the sim prep.

www.aviationinterviews.com should have all the gouge.

Just my humble opinion.

Good Luck

I took my interview ride in March. I did the Higher Power prep. I highly recommend it. I agree the IAH sim is less squirly than the Alteon sim in DFW, but I also think the IAH sim has different thrust lever rigging. I found it to take MUCH greater Thrust Lever Angle position to spool up the engines. If you're not prepared for it, you will find yourself low or slow after trying to power up.

The profile is simple, no surprises. The Higher Power profile matched the interview profile to perfection. Can't speak for what you get from Alteon.

It's still well worth the Higher Power price, and if you itemize, it's tax deductable as a job search expense.

Good luck!

I did the sim prep in Dallas with Alteon and would definately Not recommend it. When I did it the sim prep a couple months ago, it had so many problems and flew so poorly, I felt that it hurt more than it helped. Maybe they've fixed some of the issues, but I doubt it. You can get the profile from aviationinterviews.com, study that for a couple hours and you will be just fine. Trust me, it is a very simple profile and the sim in Houston flies 100 times better than the one in dallas, it is very easy and straightforward. Cheers. However, if you do decide to do the prep, definately Jack at Alteon, he's very good.

Latest resources

Back