• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Letter of Intent to Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone confirm (or even post the message) that one of the CPs wrote online that there may not be furloughs due to the high interest in early retirement and COLAs?

This is the portion that was written on our flight ops bulletin board...

We have seen quite a bit of interest in the ERW, COLA and Long term VRF. It is my hope that we get enough participation to mitigate, if not eliminate, the need to furlough. If you are “on the fence” and have any questions, please contact me, MXXXX BXXXX, MXXXX MXXXX (our HR partner) or any of the Assistant Chiefs for more information.

All he mentions is hope

The company wants to have 450 less pilots on property due to the parking of the older planes, for the next 18 months. They have been flexible in the "who" goes part. In 2 years, we will probably need to hire again. Feel free to quote me then.

IAHERJ

This is the portion that was written on our flight ops bulletin board...

We have seen quite a bit of interest in the ERW, COLA and Long term VRF. It is my hope that we get enough participation to mitigate, if not eliminate, the need to furlough. If you are “on the fence” and have any questions, please contact me, MXXXX BXXXX, MXXXX MXXXX (our HR partner) or any of the Assistant Chiefs for more information.

All he mentions is hope

This is a very odd thing for someone in management to put in writing. "We have seen quite a bit of interest" and putting out the "hope" to "eliminate the need to furlough" is just not the way these things are usually talked about by management. The union, maybe; but not the they.

Or, read it the other way: absolutely NOBODY is interested and they're lying to get people to buy in on it.

I like the way you think.

However, there truly is alot of interest in the early outs, COLA's, etc.

With fuel prices continuing to rise and after the quarterly results of the industry are announced, expect guys to grab their A plan and bail.

This is a very odd thing for someone in management to put in writing. "We have seen quite a bit of interest" and putting out the "hope" to "eliminate the need to furlough" is just not the way these things are usually talked about by management. The union, maybe; but not the they.

It may seem unusual, but the company will save a TON of money if they can get a couple hundred guys off the top of the list. Also, by capping the number of ERW options for 777 CAs and 756 CAs, they can ensure that this won't induce too many new training events.

They're not giving away 50 or 100 grand just to be nice... You can bet their savings are significantly more than that.

I'm hopeful that guys will see the ERW as a great deal... it's potentially 100 grand that you didn't have last week - take the cash and run!

Last edited:
Are there any 1st year Dudes flying the 777?? If they are, are they type rated in the 777?

One could probalby gove over to Emirate or one of those Middle East countries and be a walk on capt on the 777/767 or you name it. Word is they treat you like royalty.
The goo gobbler has spoken!
PBR

Latest resources

Back