Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JUNK YARD DOG

SYSTEM BID
At the time of this writing, the next system bid is due out soon. After much work by your System Staffing Committee, the bid will include an LAX base with approximately 60 B-737 crews.

From union blast mail...

Isn't there already a United LAX base? I know that UAL doesn't have 737s anymore, though. What's the latest on joint contract talks and SLI arbitration?

Isn't there already a United LAX base? I know that UAL doesn't have 737s anymore, though. What's the latest on joint contract talks and SLI arbitration?

You're way ahead of yourself......the JCBA is basically going nowhere at the moment and the SLI hasn't even been addressed so we're a long way from arbitration......

Come back in 18 months and I'd bet we'll be a little closer on the JCBA...after that, 24 months will have some news regarding our court ordered marriage.

See you then.

You're way ahead of yourself......the JCBA is basically going nowhere at the moment and the SLI hasn't even been addressed so we're a long way from arbitration......

Come back in 18 months and I'd bet we'll be a little closer on the JCBA...after that, 24 months will have some news regarding our court ordered marriage.

See you then.

not really, the blast mail had some promising information on the JCBA. very cautious of course, but better then nothing. At least they are talking.

LAX base finally !!

not really, the blast mail had some promising information on the JCBA. very cautious of course, but better then nothing. At least they are talking.

LAX base finally !!

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm not in a hurry. I wan't it done correctly, not quickly. My post implied impatience, but I'm more concerned with the final product than the timing.

The longer the JCBA takes, the better chance the junior guys will have of not being furloughed. There will be a time soon that the NEW CAL wants to furlough and hopefully the greedy old, over 60 cock suckers will have retired to the point where if offsets furloughs. Those old windbags are on borrowed time. They shouldn't be here in the first place.

The longer the JCBA takes, the better chance the junior guys will have of not being furloughed. There will be a time soon that the NEW CAL wants to furlough and hopefully the greedy old, over 60 cock suckers will have retired to the point where if offsets furloughs. Those old windbags are on borrowed time. They shouldn't be here in the first place.

Actually, the other way around. That scope win is short lived. CAL scope restricts CAL flight numbers on aircraft larger than 50 seats. Those 70 seaters are still flying out of IAH and EWR with UAL flt numbers. Once the SOC is achived there will be no more CAL flight numbers which means the company can operate more 70 seaters. So the sooner we get a JCBA and our arms around scope the better off the junior guys will be.

Actually, the other way around. That scope win is short lived. CAL scope restricts CAL flight numbers on aircraft larger than 50 seats. Those 70 seaters are still flying out of IAH and EWR with UAL flt numbers. Once the SOC is achived there will be no more CAL flight numbers which means the company can operate more 70 seaters. So the sooner we get a JCBA and our arms around scope the better off the junior guys will be.

This is wrong.

CAL pilots have protections against those 51+ seat jets until the JCBA and SLI are complete.

This is wrong.

CAL pilots have protections against those 51+ seat jets until the JCBA and SLI are complete.

You may want to call Jay. Are the 70 seaters flying out of IAH and EWR with UAL flight numbers? The same will happen after the SOC with UAL flight numbers......CAL flight numbers will no longer exist. Time to contact your reps and get the interpretation of the grievance from last month.

You may want to call Jay. Are the 70 seaters flying out of IAH and EWR with UAL flight numbers? The same will happen after the SOC with UAL flight numbers......CAL flight numbers will no longer exist. Time to contact your reps and get the interpretation of the grievance from last month.

which grievance?

Last info I have from an elected rep is on 1/6 and they said that the CO code lasts until SLI/JCBA are both complete.

Latest resources

Back