• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL - LAX Base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You may want to call Jay. Are the 70 seaters flying out of IAH and EWR with UAL flight numbers? The same will happen after the SOC with UAL flight numbers......CAL flight numbers will no longer exist. Time to contact your reps and get the interpretation of the grievance from last month.

You are completely wrong. As long as our contract exists our scope win is in force. Those 70 seaters are not even one third full and are causing chaos for our customers. Not one of which is the least bit confused about why and completely blame Jeff.

Focus on your side and win something over there.

You are completely wrong. As long as our contract exists our scope win is in force. Those 70 seaters are not even one third full and are causing chaos for our customers. Not one of which is the least bit confused about why and completely blame Jeff.

Focus on your side and win something over there.

What did you win? You won the argument of putting the CO flight number on those flights. What happens when the CAL name no longer exists after the SOC? The total block hours increases for the new UAL which gives the company the ability to fly more 70 seaters. Your scope is great as long as the CO name and flight numbers exists. So maybe you need to focus on the reality of the scope win. Once there is a SOC without a JCBA and new scope protections you will see a lot more 70 seaters operating out of IAH and EWR. Your scope will protect your jobs but will those new 737's be for growth or replacement with more 170's flying around?

What did you win? You won the argument of putting the CO flight number on those flights. What happens when the CAL name no longer exists after the SOC?

We successfully defended our contract. As long as it exists, even after SOC, we have kneecapped Jeff's plans for the 70 seater. I realize Jeff is racing to get to the point you are describing. We've already been trying to meet with the arbitrator about the meaning of the arbitration win going forward. The arbitrator ruled that as long as our contract exists, the intent of our scope has bearing. Why don't you let CAL do the heavy lifting on scope and you see if you can get your side out from under the injunction? Jeff's actions have shown that he is not negotiating in good faith. Go back to the judge and show her what Jeff is doing. She's a Democrat and a Clinton appointee. How did you even lose that in the first place?!

Very demonstrative of how attitudes at United have canabolized their pilot group and the career as a whole.

I have an attitude? Ok if you say so. Keep putting your head in the sand and every time you taxi by one of those 70 seaters in IAH and EWR keep telling yourself they are not there.

Those 70 seaters are not even one third full and are causing chaos for our customers.

Agreed. And these planes are great for non-reving as they're the only ones with open seats. Flew on one today on vacation with 50 opens seats. Just like the old days!

Even though the name on the certificate will be United, it is the CO operating certificate. The scope should remain in place subject to a new agreement.

Agreed. And these planes are great for non-reving as they're the only ones with open seats. Flew on one today on vacation with 50 opens seats. Just like the old days!

Yeah, like the old days. Except the crew treats you a little weird when in CAL uniform.:)

I have an attitude? Ok if you say so. Keep putting your head in the sand and every time you taxi by one of those 70 seaters in IAH and EWR keep telling yourself they are not there.

Actually every time I see one of those things at Term B IAH or Term A EWR I think the only reason that POS is there is cause of this GD merger. Hopefully the new big pilot group has the b@lls to destroy the cancer that I've inherited due to the quest to become the world's biggest airline.

Latest resources

Back