CAL hiring slowing down for summer.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is kind of surprising.

Everybody I know at CAL tells me they are very thinly staffed.
Even some of their operational problems in Feb/March were due to minimal reserve coverage.

fcn

You are very correct. But from what I hear, they need to get the check airman out on the line to help fly the summer schedule, that is how short they are. Same thing happened last summer. This is the reason hiring is slowing down, but I hear it is going to pick up big time once again starting in September.

Guys, from what it sounds like, we are all hearing about the same thing. The guys in class reported that they will slow down to 8 a month like last year, but the guys same guys this week said that were told a new info that they will have to hire over 500 between now and March 08. So, who knows... Just passing on the news... Best of luck!

I just got of the phone with a training guy and he said no more interviews will be scheduled till end of summer. They have all the classes filled through September and will ramp back up interviews in September for October class dates...

This probably won't help

The B-737-300 EFIS simulator has been downgraded by the FAA to a level 6 device. This downgrade does not allow for the simulator to be used to perform annual checkrides. As such, approximately 90 checkride events have had to be cancelled. The pilots affected will be receiving a message and will be instructed to rebid for their checkride. The problem appears to be with the visual display and according to the training department, a new visual package will not be up and approved for at least three months.

Informational release

According to the Vice President of Flight Operations voice-mail update on Friday the hiring numbers for the summer are 8 a month May through August.

Well, I guess that makes it official then. Ran into a Trng Dept instructor at the hotel bar the other night while on layover... he said he had not heard about a cutback in hiring. Shows you how much they are kept in the dark.

I have heard from a mutual friend,that a guy was hired with Cal with no college,a number chk ride busts and a DWI coupled with only (at a guess) 3500TT.I am of the belief he was hired at Express but my friend insists it was mainline.Can anybody confirm or deny the likelihood of this.If it is true the guy must have more pull than the moon!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back