• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL hiring slowing down for summer.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have heard the contract is a 3yr contract. 11g/mo after tax. Most of the guys going there from CAL are almost retired or will be by the time of their class. It may affect short term staffing but I would guess very few of these guys leaving are holding a position on the latest system bid. I have heard about a London base and possibly JFK after that. So far, though, I think they are all going to Delhi. I heard the number of guys going is approaching 40.

ks

"Jet Airways is a private company headquartered in Mumbai but will have bases in BRU, LHR, YYZ, EWR, and SFO in addition to BOM. The first flight into EWR is Aug 5 from BRU." This is a direct quote from a CAL 777 Check airman who is headed there soon. I don't think it's a contract but I believe three years is the most you can work without paying Indian income tax.

Anyone have any info about senior 777 captains leaving early, heard as many as 30 plus going to an outfit in India. The company just posted an open position for 777 flight instructors kinda backs up the rumor.

Flat $250K per year is the contract, two year contract min, from what I heard.

Flat $250K per year is the contract, two year contract min, from what I heard.

It's about $11,000 per month take home and I don't believe there is a contract but I could be wrong. The $11,000 figure came from a guy headed there.

guys heard today from a buddy in class -- they were told to expect 500 more from now to March of 08... So, who knows about the slow down... Maybe they are rethinking the situation...

heard today at CAL training center....

heard today that CAL will need to hire 550 pilots by the end of march 2008 and that pilot hiring will slow, but only to about half of earlier predictions. They will train more classes this summer than originally planned, and we will see the change very shortly....

So based on the last two posts that looks like an average of about 48 pilots per month or about 12 per week.

I'm sure some months will be higher/lower than others than others. They averaged 16 per class from November thru March. Right now are down to 12 per week (one class of 8 in the middle of April). There is a class that just started on Tuesday not sure how many -- and right now there are "tentative" class dates show for 5/8, 6/5, 7/10, and 8/7. Those are on the CAL ALPA website so may not be 100% accurate.

For reference though, last year (2006):

May = 1 class of 8
June = 1 class of 8
July = 1 class of 8
August = 1 class of 8.
September = 3 classes of 12
October = 5 classes of 12.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine interviewed and was offered the job recently (last couple weeks). He's been given a class in Sept, so I imagine the training slow down is true....

Heard from a "reliable source" that May thru Aug will have one class of 8 per month, then 16 a week again come September.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back