CAL hiring slowing down for summer.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
slowing down for summer...

FWIW...I have a very good source w/in the schoolhouse...24 per month during the summer...then the normal fall rampage. It would be stupid to stop for the summer with the a/c we are getting next year.

UPDATE FROM HR AND THE SCHOOL HOUSE AS OF TUESDAY -- SLOWING TO 8 PER MONTH AS INDICATED EARLIER... CAME FROM RECRUITING...

Anyone have any info about senior 777 captains leaving early, heard as many as 30 plus going to an outfit in India. The company just posted an open position for 777 flight instructors kinda backs up the rumor.

Anyone have any info about senior 777 captains leaving early, heard as many as 30 plus going to an outfit in India. The company just posted an open position for 777 flight instructors kinda backs up the rumor.

yeah. i've heard that rumor. can't blame the guys. take the remnants of their pension and run like hell.

i bet India doesn't have PBS. that's almost every reason to leave right there!

Why do that unless the cash is much, much better. I wouldn't want to go live over there and end up getting "Deli Belly" every week. Don't drink the water............

Why do that unless the cash is much, much better. I wouldn't want to go live over there and end up getting "Deli Belly" every week. Don't drink the water............

those pilots are based in EWR. same scene that they are used to. probably flying 2 trips a month and making the same or more as they did with a stateside airline.

that's my guess.

I have heard the contract is a 3yr contract. 11g/mo after tax. Most of the guys going there from CAL are almost retired or will be by the time of their class. It may affect short term staffing but I would guess very few of these guys leaving are holding a position on the latest system bid. I have heard about a London base and possibly JFK after that. So far, though, I think they are all going to Delhi. I heard the number of guys going is approaching 40.

ks

Even if it IS scheduling, they will leave a message too. Ya' got 15 minute to call 'em back. ;)

It's too bad sometimes i dont check my voicemails for a couple of days...especially on my days off ;)

However, if you're on reserve let them sweat a few of those fifteen minutes

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back