• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Flight Ops Meeting Secret Video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haa Poco, how is that job with UA coming along, the one you were going to get because they liked you so much, and you had so many contacts?

Oh yeah, that's right, didn't come through for you did it?

He/She or whatever it is...was talking about CAL.

He/She or whatever it is...was talking about CAL.

For god's sake I know that!

Whatever she is, likes to come in to just shoot her trap off.

But, what she never mentions is that 4 years ago she told the whole board how great it was that she was no longer going to have to work under to CAL banner because she was going to work for the all wonderful everything UAL.

So now years later she still works at COX, but has never answered the question as to why she didn't hire on with UA.

I bet that would be the reaction if everyone bid their vacation!

Here is a better idea. Do what we do at DAL/NWA--you don't have the option of "not" bidding your vacation. You WILL take all your allocated vacation days, whether you want to or not (and I can't imagine not).

It is called negotiating a provision in a contract. Why would you bad-mouth guys not bidding all their vacation when the contract allows it? Why don't you just get a better contract so as to not even have this as an issue?

Wtf!?!

Just got back from a reserve trip where I replaced a Captain who was junior manned into the right seat (that's another story) and we're talking about furloughing more? FUPM!

Here is a better idea. Do what we do at DAL/NWA--you don't have the option of "not" bidding your vacation. You WILL take all your allocated vacation days, whether you want to or not (and I can't imagine not).

It is called negotiating a provision in a contract. Why would you bad-mouth guys not bidding all their vacation when the contract allows it? Why don't you just get a better contract so as to not even have this as an issue?

Your logic would make no sense at all to some of the 50-62 year olds I fly with. They just can't understand "giving up that money"..... I can't wait till the majority of hte 83-85 hires retire along with about half of the 87 hires who are so proud that they are not "scabs" but let's face it, they didn't exactly hire on with a great airline back in 1987. They accepted jobs at an airline that had just lost a strike and now want to claim "high and mighty".... Can't wait for this pilot group to vote on a contract. The bottom half of the seniority list is going to really piss off the senior guys when we turn down their crappy offer....

Just flew with a pissed off EWR guy that can't stand his job hates the union but when I mentioned bidding all vacation added "but I just bought a lake home and really need to fly as much as i can" I got a pregnant wife and 2.5 yr old, to be furloughed this fall... cry me a river.

PUFM?

What's it mean guys?

I assume you meant FUPM.

PUFM is what Pocono Pilot does on his knees in West Hollywood.

FUPM stands for many things to include:

"Fed Up. Pay Me."

"Forging Unity and Pilot Morale"

"Fatigued. Understaffed. Poorly Managed."

And the most popular...
"F!@# U. Pay Me."

Latest resources

Back