CAL dropping Colgan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hou757

Saw on another board that there is a rumor going around that CAL is planning on dropping Colgan. Anyone believe this one?

This would cost a LOT of money for CAL. Getting out of that contract early would be over $100 million they would pay to PNCL.

I dunno....
Most contracts have a safety clause that they can use to drop you if they believe you're unsafe.

I dunno....
Most contracts have a safety clause that they can use to drop you if they believe you're unsafe.

I was also thinking that CAL could assume the leases for the Q's and assign them to another operator... Who knows....

You lost me at the word "rumor"

This would cost a LOT of money for CAL. Getting out of that contract early would be over $100 million they would pay to PNCL.

The better question is how much will it cost CAL to keep Colgan?

Colgan is operator. Colgan > Pinnacle > Delta will bear the insurance.

For those of you who didn't know- Delta held the hull and liability insurance on the airplane.

I was also thinking that CAL could assume the leases for the Q's and assign them to another operator... Who knows....

I doubt it. Pinnacle owns the airplanes. If CAL dropped Colgan and CAL wanted the airplanes, PNCL would want SERIOUS money for them.

I dunno....

We are over a year from this. If CAL dropped them, CJC would get an injunction seeing as there is no basis for assuming Colgan is unsafe.

Latest resources

Back