• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL DEN and ORD bases???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well the company better get used to new work rules that will be coming with the JCBA and the abuse is gonna stop.

I think everyone feels that way. These are the last days of this concessionary agreement. Things will indeed change.

If UAL guys are given a legal assignment and they refuse it, they'll answer to someone for it. If they do it enough times, I suspect they'll find themselves back on furlough. Either way, I don't care.

Thanks, Brother ALPA Pilot. Different variation but same message that I heard quite a bit while on the last and to a lesser extent this furlough from some still on property.

Just because I'm given a 'legal' assignment doesn't mean that I'm legal to fly it. FAR 91.13 applies for those of us who are too fatigued to accept a 'legal' assignment.
I'm 51 years old and contrary to what the snake oil that the 60+ crowd is trying to sell, I can't keep up with a 30something or even early/mid 40something pilot. I actually get fatigued and like grampa Simpson, I doze off on occasion. I don't want to doze off while at work.

As for finding myself back on the street if I invoke FAR 91.13, that's fine. I have enough money saved up to hire a decent attorney. It's good to know that you've got my back - you can stick you shiv just below my left shoulder blade ... that spot should be free of previous shivs.

Unless a pilot is on the clock no advanced training should be done. When will we learn. We are our own worst enemy.

True. But we all like to have an 'edge'. I haven't turned a wheel since late 2008 (went on mil lv for 6 mos before furlough) so training should be 'entertaining'. As long as you consider driving an ice pick into your temple entertaining.
No, I won't get a jump start on training. Yes, I'll be on the far right side of the bell curve.

I think the 756 was only an option for the first handful of "new hires" last year. I think it's been all 73 since then. I do recall from ten years ago, however, that wide body/int'l reserve beats domestic hands down.

That's correct; a few 756 slots but have been all Guppy for a while.

Latest resources

Back