• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Class Breakdown JUN06-SEP06

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is it that almost every corporate pilot I know has an inferiority complex? It seems like they are always trying to justify why they don't want to work for a major.

I say almost because I have a lot of friends at Netjets and others.....some have the complex..some don't.

It is obvious...pilots for 121 majors are well hung! it is that simple....

What do you mean?

That might be because the military guys no better than to go work for CAL. The only reason people apply is because they are the one of few hiring. Look at their contract and you'll see it's a piece of crap.
Their contract is a piece of crap? I applied and am waiting to hear from them...something I should know?

Make sure you tell them that when you interview. It will get a big laugh.

Hopefully you'll hear something soon 10.

The MEC we have now has vowed to get imporvement in 2008. I'm hopefull that they will fulfill there promise.

Last edited:
I hope so too! BTW, do you happen to know how far out from an applicant's availability date are they calling guys? Just wondering...

Last edited:
So on the 31 Oct class where did the planes go ie. 777 most senior 757 middle and 737 bottom or a mix?

probably in reverse...unless the most senior guy was from newark and wanted to stay home and collect a paycheck for the next two years.

737- quickest route out of EWR
757- great flying(from what i hear) about a year to get out of EWR
777- welcome to Newark(IAH 777FO is senior to EWR 737CA)

All that being said if you stay in EWR your base seniority will be better than your counterparts in CLE, and IAH. EWR is the most junior base.

disclaimer....this was posted by a guy who couldn't get out of EWR fast enough

Last edited:
The two airlines that were quickest to furlough were the two that were able to avoid bankruptcy -- AAL and CAL.

Kinda like applying a torniquet to a wound -- the faster you stop the bleeding.....

It wasn't a popular decision and it sucked for those that directly lossed their jobs, etc. but it was a good decision. BTW, everyone is back now + about 700 on the way.

Don't forget about the jobs most got with XJT as Captains during the flowback. Not a bad furlough if you ask me.

The guys initially furloughed at CAL did not even get to work for Express as the more senior pilots being furloughed from CAL effectively bumped the junior guys back on the street.

Can't we all just get along?.........Thanks Rodney King!

SFR,
Is it that you are Hung? Or, is it that you fly those big planes to make up for lack of being hung? Just messin' with ya!

Lets face it one is no better, or worse than the other. Each have there own pluses and minuses. Selling Corporate jets like I do, I LOVE the airlines. There is nothing better than to fly a customer out somewhere in a Corpoarte aircraft, then have that same customer take the airlines home. Smart Corporate and Fractional guys should never run down the airlines. They are what boosts our business.
Now, as for why the airlines will pick a 121 pilot over a 135 or 91 pilot. Well, this is just a shot in the dark here but could it be that airlines (management, that is) has somewhat of a grudge against them because the Fractional and Corporate guys have been taking away their best (first class) customers.

Latest resources

Back