• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL cancelling CHQ flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am a CLE FO and could not honestly tell you the last time I departed CLE or any outstation officially late. It has been months. Sure, I've had to wait for an airplane in LEX that is coming from EWR that snowballs the entire day, but even then we are well within the 25 minute turn times and make up as much time as possible.

I am really posting to say the ground crews in CLE are top notch and it's known throughout the CAL system. Again, I don't doubt you were on a late flight, but ground crew delays in CLE are at a minimum. FWIW.

Maybe I'm just an on-time machine.

Maybe, but the last two times out of CLE, we were late. Maybe you should have been in command. Like I said, it had nothing to do with the pilots. Like someone else said, you get what you pay for. Pay someone 10 bucks an hour, and you tend to lose the motivation to get out on time. :)

Maybe, but the last two times out of CLE, we were late. Maybe you should have been in command. Like I said, it had nothing to do with the pilots. Like someone else said, you get what you pay for. Pay someone 10 bucks an hour, and you tend to lose the motivation to get out on time. :)

If you think him being in command rather than you would have made it on time, then it aint the ground crew...its you!

Way to have an inflamatory thread title...

How does one expect a start-up operation to have turn-key success? XJT has been doing IAH for no less than 10 years, I would only hope they have figured it out by now.

A START UP operation? Give me a break. You act like this is the first time that you guys have ever flown connection. It doesn't matter who you are flying for, the job is the same. Funny that DAL has been having the same type of problems with your feed. Where are the hardstands and buses in ATL?

A START UP operation? Give me a break. You act like this is the first time that you guys have ever flown connection. It doesn't matter who you are flying for, the job is the same. Funny that DAL has been having the same type of problems with your feed. Where are the hardstands and buses in ATL?

Chill out bud, we all want you to make it to age 60.

If you think him being in command rather than you would have made it on time, then it aint the ground crew...its you!

It was a joke buddy. Get a sense of humor why don't ya. The guy even said that he is never late out of CLE. I guess if I never want to be late out of CLE I should be on his flight. Maybe he gets a good ground crew. Maybe he helps with the carry-ons? I don't know, I don't really care. :crying:

All you guys quoting the "on-time" metric know that the DOT only measures ARRIVALS for on-time performance right?

Meaning you could block out an hour late and still arrive within 15 minutes of schedule and you would still be considered "on-time."

They could care less about departure times....only company operations cares about that.

It is a start up operation. Yes the job is the same but this is a new A/C for Chq and CAL. We don't have feed problems with DAL but we did have a problem calling in-range, on-times with DAL until you guys "grew up"

The only "Funny" thing about anything is that you guys continue to work without a contract or being combined with your parent company SKW.

The only "Funny" thing about anything is that you guys continue to work without a contract or being combined with your parent company SKW.

"Funny", but a pilot group is required to do that under the Railway Labor Act until released...

Latest resources

Back