• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL and XJT Merging?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it ever did happen, it would be a staple. I could care less if we merge, but it'll be a staple. It would give me job security and give XJT guys career progression. Other than that....keep dreaming.

Would not a merger have a different seniority integration than a buyout per the ALPA bylaws? Regardless, this is nothing more than a rumor anyways, I too firmly believe that it will not happen it does not make financial sense for CAL.

Would not a merger have a different seniority integration than a buyout per the ALPA bylaws? Regardless, this is nothing more than a rumor anyways, I too firmly believe that it will not happen it does not make financial sense for CAL.

All the ALPA merger policy is a guideline and if the two sides cannot come to an agreement then it goes to Arbitration.

The last two arbitrations went with relative seniority with a heavy weighting on same type of aircraft. ie Widebodies, narrow bodies.

What like airplanes do XJT and CAL have in common. None.

Your right this is a baseless rumor that will never happen, and if CAL wants to get larger RJ's all they have to do is merger with UAL which still may happen.

All the ALPA merger policy is a guideline and if the two sides cannot come to an agreement then it goes to Arbitration.

The last two arbitrations went with relative seniority with a heavy weighting on same type of aircraft. ie Widebodies, narrow bodies.

What like airplanes do XJT and CAL have in common. None.

Your right this is a baseless rumor that will never happen, and if CAL wants to get larger RJ's all they have to do is merger with UAL which still may happen.

No, all we have to do is relax the scope provisions, but that'll never happen either.

Whatever the case may be, if you were at COEX before the spin-off and you were part of the PFT babies, then I would hope you get put on the street because you deserve exactly what's coming to you. Unfortunately that would mean more junior non PFT'ers on the street so I digress. Just know that you PFT babies led the airline industry's race to the bottom.

they were the same company....Continental owned continental express (as it was called back then)...geessss!!!

Uh, I WORKED there. We were owned by them but we were not on the same seniority list which is what this thread is about. I think I know what I am talking about. My ID said Continental Express. We had a flow through, that is it.

We heard these rumors every other month back then.

Hey pilots. Wouldn't it be an oppertunity to reverse the trend, take back all the flying that has been outsourced? Only Continental pilots flying Continental flights?

Hey pilots. Wouldn't it be an oppertunity to reverse the trend, take back all the flying that has been outsourced? Only Continental pilots flying Continental flights?

APA stated that is their goal in this next contract and we at CAL are trying to hold the line at 50 seat jets and 74 seat Turboprops. We are trying but it is a large bottle to cap.

Yeah, they were going to merge with CAL for sure. I heard it too. All was set to happen until pokemyhole stepped into the fray. Basically she insisted XJT turn down the merger... so they did.

Don't drag me into this whymeworry :)

Just because CAL pilots want the XJT contract doesn't mean that we will merge with them. They can have their crappy lifestyles over there with the FARS as their contract, PBS and all the over 60 scabs.

CAL pilot job?, no thank you very much. LOL

Latest resources

Back