• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cal & Amr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My response is as professional as the nAAtives who've referred to TWA pilots as "KMart pilots."

Many of those instances aren't due to "luck" but pure stupidity. While I'll cut the BDL crew a little slack due to the conditions (though using an incredibly flawed altimeter procedure, IMHO), the acts of LIT, Cali, DEN, and SEA could have all been avoided. Luck didn't get them into that situation--it shouldn't have to get them out.

stlflyguy

stlflyguy... puh-leeze bro. Can you tell us all something we DIDN'T know instead of using AA's accident record to vent your frustration about the acquisition?

The NTSB has been more than clear in admonishing "pilot error" verdicts in each of the above cases. We already know as much. We also know that ALL of these accidents have happened at other airlines as well, not just AA.

Just what is your point in bringing this up, anyway? Do you desperately HAVE to resort to the streak of bad luck that resulted in deaths, to justify your anger? Because there are far more civilized ways to do so.

Doing my part in keeping us outta the papers...

Last edited:
aa73--Get your facts straight: The TWA MD80 landed at Morrison, CO instead of HDN. (Plenty of "no excuse mistakes" to go around...) :(

All I know is that I'm getting my resume ready--AGAIN! :rolleyes:

My bad... thanks TC.

Also getting my resume ready!

stlflyguy... puh-leeze bro. Can you tell us all something we DIDN'T know instead of using AA's accident record to vent your frustration about the acquisition?

The NTSB has been more than clear in admonishing "pilot error" verdicts in each of the above cases. We already know as much. We also know that ALL of these accidents have happened at other airlines as well, not just AA.

Just what is your point in bringing this up, anyway? Do you desperately HAVE to resort to the streak of bad luck that resulted in deaths, to justify your anger? Because there are far more civilized ways to do so.

Doing my part in keeping us outta the papers...

I'll apologize for the diversion, 73. I was commenting in jest to the earlier post.

So, no, I'M NOT ANGRY, DAMMIT! ;)

On a more serious note, has there been any talk of recalls slowing down? And when are all the natives leaving STL? :)

Thanks,

stlflyguy

I click on this thread to see what the scuttlebutt is about CAL and AMR. What I find is AA and TWA pilots fighting.

Shocker.

Fool me once..........

Hey Frank,

I just had a rough day so to feel better, I would like to pass on this thought;

I hope you burn in HELL Frank Lorenzo!!!

P.S. Thanks.

Relax and just like me have a standing NO vote unless we negotiate a real contract with significant improvements in the all of the following areas, pay and benefits, quality of life at home and work, SCOPE and real NEW HIRE PAY/INSURANCE AND eliminate the B SCALE YEARS 2-5.

Guess what you are your union and your union needs you. How about signing up for P2P and volunteering your time for the CAL ALPA SPSC. SPSC has four sub committee's - P2P - Family Awareness - Special Projects and Strike Preparedness.

I need help on our Strike Preparedness Committee, how about coming to work with me. You thought Wall Street was good, you ain't seen anything yet.

Not to worry.

Last edited:
So PK where would you end up if AMR StAAples CA? Would you be above or below yourself? Or would they make special provisions for anyone with TWA stench on them to goto the bottom of any combined list. How interesting!!

I'll apologize for the diversion, 73. I was commenting in jest to the earlier post.

So, no, I'M NOT ANGRY, DAMMIT! ;)

On a more serious note, has there been any talk of recalls slowing down? And when are all the natives leaving STL? :)

Thanks,

stlflyguy

Accepted. Thanks. :beer:

Recalls have actually picked up, to 50 for April (one class of 20 and one of 30.) Nothing else I've heard... they are keeping it mum for now. We should know the May stats soon.

I've already left STL (with a heavy heart, I must say - great guys to fly with and great chiefs.) Back in NYC flying int'l. Many of my buddies are contemplating bailing as they get pushed closer and closer to reserve. There have also been many reinstatements back to other bases from STL. So yes, I think in the end it will end up as a strictly TWA base as more and more natives leave.

Hope you get the call soon. Take care.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back