• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL 8th best company to work for!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SFR: I am waiting for SWA or FedEx... I will be around 5-6 year pay at cal and would still leave... better quality of life beats pay! 6 crossings in the summertime sucks if your are a EWR FO above 50%.

You are 100% correct, 6 crossings would suck (I do about 1 crossing a year and I don't like that!) That is why I don't do them.

I am not part of some special club. Anyone senior to me could have sat at home this year as much as I did.

I hope you do get hired with SWA or FDX, especially if you are senior to 12/6/05.

Honestly, you won't be happy there either. Everyone I know that is a complainer will complain anywhere, regardless.

Either way, I still only have 210hrs YTD.....

Last edited:
Well lets see, it snowed here 2 wks ago and its been raining and 40 to 50 since. Not many of those left so you just deal with it when you have to. I'm 45 and been thru 7 airlines so I don't plan on going anywhere else. Once we get a new contract, this should be a great company to work at. IAH base has been great for me the last 5 yrs and I don't plan on changing anytime soon. Unless of course they open that Orlando base.:D

You are 100% correct, 6 crossings would suck (I do about 1 crossing a year and I don't like that!) That is why I don't do them.

I am not part of some special club. Anyone senior to me could have sat at home this year as much as I did.

I hope you do get hired with SWA or FDX, especially if you are senior to 12/6/05.

Honestly, you won't be happy there either. Everyone I know that is a complainer will complain anywhere, regardless.

Either way, I still only have 210hrs YTD.....

Sean have you ever considered politics. Looks like the Republican party could use some serious leadership down there in Houston. I'm mean golly they just elected a lesbian mayor! They need young talent to kick the party into line. With your business savvy, free time, and pipeline to solid RNC supporters that populate the left seat, there is a major opportunity to be had...

8. Continental Airlines Inc (CAL.N) (note: CAL employees selected from a completely random sampling at director level and above making one million annually in salary, with retirement benefits imputed at a rate of 17 years to one only after at least three days of employment, have health benefits that accrue retroactively to when they were zygotes, live in gated communities with an unlisted zip code, are provided full-ride college scholarships for four children (if they didn't have four children, they were provided free of charge), and have one of roll of "forever stamps" in their possession at the time of the survey, not after)

If it is number 8 they definitely didn't ask any front-line employees.

Simple - hire substandard people who can't get a job anywhere else. Treat them like garbage and keep propaganda going on how lucky they are to be there.
They'll vote you number #1 employer.

Simple - hire substandard people who can't get a job anywhere else. Treat them like garbage and keep propaganda going on how lucky they are to be there.

That's a mighty big paint brush your using there, second only in size to your ego I'm sure.

Actually, CAL pilots have the best skill in the industry. I have jumpseated on all the majors and have found this to be true. That is one reason I came here.

If you don't believe me check the accident stats within the past 10-15 years.

The problem is IAH... I would love to sit rev on the 756 in IAH but it's too dam hot and too many scabs!

Are you fat? If you are then I understand that. If not, you are nuts.

Lets see, I sit around by Lake Conroe, go out on the boat a bit and wait for the phone to ring. Play golf a lot if I want to, or go ro Rio 24 in the Woodlands and walk the river with a cigar in my mouth, all while sitting reserve.

Yeah, I think you are better off in CLE or EWR for sure!HA

Latest resources

Back