• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL 8th best company to work for!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep... But not most CA's at CAL... If I was the FO I would of said that I rested for the flight planning on a IRO and then called fatigue because of it!

Wow. Here is where the CA steps up and refuses to take the flight until they put an IRO on.

We have had similar incidents here at AA... Case in point, back when JFK-EZE was a 767 leaving at 22:10, it would sometimes get delayed for hours... I have heard about some CAs requesting a 4th IRO (it only has 3 pilots normally) due to the fatigue issue... and they did not depart until it was granted.

A few summers ago some genius bean counters decided to block DFW-HNL at just under 8:00 in order to eliminate the IRO... guess how? That's right, by planning the flight at FL240 and M.84!!! Suffice it to say that the CA on that first flight caused a ruckus at the gate, suits everywhere, until an IRO was accomodated. That put a stop to that real quick.

Captains, be captains! CAL pilots, fight the good fight, we are counting on you as much as you are on us.

That is a great post showing just how wrong the bean counters can be and a spot on reaction by the Captain.
We are really the front line of defense when the bean counters come up with dumb ideas.

Just had to cx last nights EWR-Bombay flight that air return do to MX... They tried to recrew it all morning with Junior Manning phones but no one took them up on the I have a great deal for you...
Got to love beancounter staffing!

Latest resources

Back