Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

Finally, due recognition.

Dec 16 (Reuters) - Southwest Airlines topped the list of the 50 best U.S. places to work, based on employee opinions, according to research released on Wednesday.

The following are the top 50 companies to work for, according to Glassdoor.com, an online jobs site which collected and compiled reviews from U.S.-based company employees throughout 2009. 1. Southwest Airlines Co (LUV.N) 2. General Mills Inc (GIS.N) 3. Slalom Consulting 4. Bain & Company 5. McKinsey & Company 6. MITRE 7. Boston Consulting 8. Continental Airlines Inc (CAL.N) (note: CAL employees selected from a completely random sampling at director level and above making one million annually in salary, with retirement benefits imputed at a rate of 17 years to one only after at least three days of employment, have health benefits that accrue retroactively to when they were zygotes, live in gated communities with an unlisted zip code, are provided full-ride college scholarships for four children (if they didn't have four children, they were provided free of charge), and have one of roll of "forever stamps" in their possession at the time of the survey, not after) 9. Procter & Gamble Co (PG.N) 10. Juniper Networks Inc (JNPR.N) 11. Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co NMLIC.UL 12. Kraft Foods Inc (KFT.N) 13. National Instruments Corp (NATI.O) 14. Google Inc (GOOG.O) 15. NetApp Inc (NTAP.O) 16. Goldman Sachs & Co GSGSC.UL 17. FactSet Research Systems Inc (FDS.N) 18. Medtronic Inc (MDT.N) 19. Publix Super Markets Inc (PUSH.OB) 20. Chevron Chevron Corp (CVX.N) 21. FedEx Corp (FDX.N) 22. Apple Inc. (AAPL.O) 23. Edelman 24. Edward Jones Money Market Fund JRSXX.O 25. Qualcomm Inc (QCOM.O) 26. CareerBuilder 27. Novell Inc (NOVL.O) 28. Schlumberger Ltd (SLB.N) 29. Adobe Systems Inc (ADBE.O) 30. Booz Allen Hamilton Inc BOOZA.UL 31. Scottrade 32. Sherwin-Williams Co (SHW.N) 33. EMC Corp (EMC.N) 34. GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK.L) 35. Caterpillar Inc (CAT.N) 36. Turner Broadcasting System Inc TWXTB.UL 37. Paychex Inc (PAYX.O) 38. Kaiser Permanente 39. Travelers Companies Inc (TRV.N) 40. Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX.N) 41. Intel Corp (INTC.O) 42. Cintas Corp (CTAS.O) 43. SAP America 44. Intuit Inc (INTU.O) 45. Best Buy Co Inc (BBY.N) 46. Harris Corp (HRS.N) 47. Prudential Plc (PRU.L) 48. Whole Foods Market Inc (WFMI.O) 49. PricewaterhouseCoopers PWC.UL 50. Marriott International Inc (MAR.N)

The following companies were ranked worst to work for, starting with the lowest ranked, according to Glassdoor.com. Gibson Guitar Corp GIBSN.UL United Airlines (UAUA.O) Spherion Corp (SFN.N) AutoZone Inc (AZO.N) Rain Bird DHL Express (USA) DHL.UL Level 3 Communications Inc (LVLT.O) Dominion Enterprises Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ.N) Houghton Mifflin Harcourt LexisNexis DISH Network Corp (DISH.O) Xilinx Inc (XLNX.O) Acxiom Corp (ACXM.O) Kmart RadioShack Corp (RSH.N) Panduit Ferguson Enterprises Cognizant Tech Solutions Forever 21 Affiliated Computer Services Inc (ACS.N) Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ.N) Sports Authority Fastenal Co (FAST.O) Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY.O) (Reporting by Ellen Wulfhorst; Editing by Eric Walsh)

http://www.reuters.com/article/idAFN1524514420091216?rpc=44

Last edited:
Be advised, many many companies, have taken themselves out of the running for these awards because it takes a lot of company resources and time to tour people and talk to people and have their employees surveyed for the representatives from the outfits who determine this stuff. Some companies refuse to pay the game and use up employee productivity to cater to those outfits and magazines. Perhaps this rueters determination was done without taking up any company's time though.

If it is such a great place then why do new hire pilots have no insurance for the first six months. Bottom of the majors in terms of pay and drum roll please you get to sit next to an over 60 scab tell you how great his life is while crossing the Atlantic.

This is one interview I'm glad I turned down but hey if it's a top ten job in America I must be missing something.

If it is such a great place then why do new hire pilots have no insurance for the first six months. Bottom of the majors in terms of pay and drum roll please you get to sit next to an over 60 scab tell you how great his life is while crossing the Atlantic.

This is one interview I'm glad I turned down but hey if it's a top ten job in America I must be missing something.

You are missing a lot unfortunately.

Who cares about that first 6 months of insurance (that goes by fast). Why is that such a big deal. We have free healthcare in this country, people just don't use it. I had 1 child when I got hired at CAL in 2005 and we signed her up for Peachcare is GA. It was free and covered our expenses 100% (better than having insurance). Sure, my wife nor I had coverage, but I got sick once and had a friend get a z-pack for me. Cost me $100, wow!

Maybe I should not have come to CAL because of that, yeah right. All I can say is that I have never gotten paid this much money and worked this little in my aviation career since I have come to CAL. Best decision I ever had a choice to make.

Who cares about that first 6 months of insurance (that goes by fast).

Wow. :eek:

Imagine if you didn't have that kid...and REALLY got hurt...then what would happen?

Who cares about that first 6 months of insurance (that goes by fast). Why is that such a big deal. We have free healthcare in this country, people just don't use it. I had 1 child when I got hired at CAL in 2005 and we signed her up for Peachcare is GA. It was free and covered our expenses 100% (better than having insurance). Sure, my wife nor I had coverage, but I got sick once and had a friend get a z-pack for me. Cost me $100, wow!

Maybe I should not have come to CAL because of that, yeah right. All I can say is that I have never gotten paid this much money and worked this little in my aviation career since I have come to CAL. Best decision I ever had a choice to make.

Nice avatar. Looks like you're cramping up from sucking so much management dick.

Who cares about that first 6 months of insurance (that goes by fast). Why is that such a big deal.

I think you are missing the point. If you want any hopes in recovering the profession, the rationalization needs to stop. Right now it is fine to go without insurance for six months. What's next, no per diem for the first year. :rolleyes: This type of thinking absolutely amazes me.

I think you are missing the point. If you want any hopes in recovering the profession, the rationalization needs to stop. Right now it is fine to go without insurance for six months. What's next, no per diem for the first year. :rolleyes: This type of thinking absolutely amazes me.

I guess when you take it out of context. My point is that we made it work instead of complaining.

Either way.....I will take my paycheck and sit at home just fine.

Latest resources

Back