• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL 787 Delivery Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aren't the 757 and 767 technically different type ratings as well?
Differences training needed to qualify on both?

Boeing's intention from the start was to have the 787 operated by the same crews as the 777 with differences training.
I'm fairly certain that they have been working with the feds to make sure the design complies with whatever is needed to make this happen.
If the feds had not bought off on Boeing's proposal we would know about it by now.

The 757 and 767 are different types, but the FAA has determined that if you get one, you get the other.. I never took a "checkride" in a 767 (or was it the 757, whatever)... FWIW the 757 and the 767 aren't really that similar in systems (but not nearly as different as the 777/787) and the feds bought off on a common type.. I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again, which will be a shame....

It will come down to a few things-
Does Boeing make it a common type as the 757/767.
Does the company use a common BES to fly both aircraft.
Does the Union allow it?

We should look at how other carriers view the 757/767 and Domestic vs. International.

To me, the 757-200 and the 767-400 are WAY different aircraft and I can't believe that I can fly a 757-200 domestic trip on one day, and then fly a 767-400 international trip the next.
If something (God Forbid) happens and the company and the FAA have to sit before Congress and the Senate and defend themselves, the secret will come out.

We (###) should be looking at ALL the 787 costumers and seeing how they plan to crew them, and also see how how the rest of the world plans on crewing the aircraft.

Until I see it in writing, that it's going to be one BES, common type... I won't believe it.

Side note-
As a C-5A (Legacy) FE, I can not fly an AMP'd (Glass cockpit) C-5. At some point, you got to wonder (nay, hope) that the FAA and ALPA force Safety on the carriers. If it cost's an extra $10 per passenger, oh well!

motch

The 757 and 767 are different types, but the FAA has determined that if you get one, you get the other.. I never took a "checkride" in a 767 (or was it the 757, whatever)... FWIW the 757 and the 767 aren't really that similar in systems (but not nearly as different as the 777/787) and the feds bought off on a common type.. I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again, which will be a shame....

? for UAL, DAL and AA guys (and gals)
Do you get typed for both airframes at your carriers, and do you fly both Domestic and International in Base/BES?

Thanks

Latest resources

Back