• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL 787 Delivery Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OH!!! That explains our UAL 787 order, to compiment after the merger.

I hope you are wrong.... but my gut says you are right. They are already doing a merger with many aspects of the two companies..... hopefully the pilots will shut it down if they try to force a merger.

No, I would say the bid reflecting the 787 will be the spring of 2011.
There will be no new BES therefore it will not be reflected on any system bid. A four-hour CBT for any 777 qualified pilot and good to go. No recalls because they can simply to load all the 787 trips into open time and based on historical data, it will all be covered by straight pickup. A new open time alert system will allow text message notification of any length pairing for the entire month with just one click. After losing the vacation trip drop pay due to PBS, it will go very fast.

Last edited:
The 787 will be crewed in the 777 base. Differences training will be all that's needed. (just like the 757 & 767)

The 787 & the 777 do not share a commen type rating like the 757-767. Totally different type rating required. Friend of mine is a 787 test pilot and I was told though it fly's just like the 777.

The 787 & the 777 do not share a commen type rating like the 757-767. Totally different type rating required. Friend of mine is a 787 test pilot and I was told though it fly's just like the 777.

That's not what the 777 fleet manager told me, technically a type rating doesn't even exist until the airplane is certificated. Trust me, if the customers push hard enough, and they have been pushing hard since they put the order in, it will be a single type. My money is on a common type when the dust settles.

There will be no new BES therefore it will not be reflected on any system bid. A four-hour CBT for any 777 qualified pilot and good to go. No recalls because they can simply to load all the 787 trips into open time and based on historical data, it will all be covered by straight pickup. A new open time alert system will allow text message notification of any length pairing for the entire month with just one click. After losing the vacation trip drop pay due to PBS, it will go very fast.

I know it won't be a new sub-base. Sorry to confuse, "fine"!

But the bid reflecting the "increase" in the B777 BES; I bet won't be tell 2011.

Was told by higher ups that it will be two days ground and a one day sim event. We shall see.

If it is a different type rating, doesn't our contract say that there will be a separate base for each type rating required? Its been a while since I have looked at the contract, doesn't do me much good while I am furloughed.

If it is a different type rating, doesn't our contract say that there will be a separate base for each type rating required? Its been a while since I have looked at the contract, doesn't do me much good while I am furloughed.

Aren't the 757 and 767 technically different type ratings as well?
Differences training needed to qualify on both?

Boeing's intention from the start was to have the 787 operated by the same crews as the 777 with differences training.
I'm fairly certain that they have been working with the feds to make sure the design complies with whatever is needed to make this happen.
If the feds had not bought off on Boeing's proposal we would know about it by now.

Latest resources

Back