• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cal 24, USC 7

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After last weeks 42-3 beatdown I'm predicting another chokeshow by Cal. 31-7 SC. And yes I remember the Washington game.

If Kal can run the ball, they should do well. Last team that ran the ball effectively against USC was Oregon State. Riley isn't that great of a QB, so we'll see.

Trojan

Wow, it's getting ugly. Maybe the title thread should change.

Trojan

On a scale from 1 to 10, how weak is the PAC-10?

Not weak at all...1 I'd say. Many college expert analysts rank it 2nd behind the SEC, and I'd agree. In the Big 12, after Texas there is not much. Oklahoma doesn't look so great. The Pac10 was 5-0 in bowls last year, and despite the loss at Wash, USC is a top 5 team. Oregon looks tough after the early loss, Wash is a good looking team with Locker. UCLA is coming back up. Pretty strong I'd say.

What other conferences have a better top to bottom? Big 10 Maybe? ACC maybe? But not as weak as you think.

Pac 10

A lot of people like to spout, of course when they lose ;-).

By one measure, the answer is no. Since the 2000 season, the Pac-10 has the best record in games against the other Bowl Championship Series conferences (81-62, a .566 winning percentage). The Pac-10 also has a .500-or-better record during this period against each of the other five major conferences. The SEC ranks second among the six BCS conferences with a .528 mark, while the other four conferences are all under .500. Bringing up the rear is the Big Ten with a .475 winning percentage.
The Pac-10 often gets little respect from fans and media. The conference's teams were a miserable 2-6 against the Mountain West last season, and this season Oregon lost decisively to Boise State of the Western Athletic Conference in a key early matchup. Critics say the conference would be nothing without USC. But even without the Trojans' 19-3 record against the other BCS conferences since 2000, the Pac-10 would still be above .500.
As for the Big Ten's poor showing, there are some mitigating circumstances. Since 2000, Big Ten teams have had the misfortune of playing (and losing) eight games against USC, which hasn't faced a single Big East team during this span. Also, the Big Ten annually plays several bowl games in enemy territory, including the warm-weather Rose and Capital One Bowls.
—Darren Everson
West Is the Best

Including bowl games, here are the win-loss records this decade for the six major college football conferences when playing against one another, through Saturday:
BCS CONFERENCE W L WIN% Pac-108162.566SEC9484.528Big 128185.488ACC*99108.478Big East*7784.478Big Ten8493.475*Includes the win-loss records of whichever teams were in the conference in any given year

Trojan

Will the losers eat crow? Sadly not. Most will make excuses. But it's okay, I'm very used to it working in and around SEC people.

New Title Thread....USC 30 Kal 3 Could've been 37 to 3 but Coach Carroll decided to take a knee and spare Kal.

Trojan

Last edited:
Not weak at all...1 I'd say. Many college expert analysts rank it 2nd behind the SEC, and I'd agree. In the Big 12, after Texas there is not much. Oklahoma doesn't look so great. The Pac10 was 5-0 in bowls last year, and despite the loss at Wash, USC is a top 5 team. Oregon looks tough after the early loss, Wash is a good looking team with Locker. UCLA is coming back up. Pretty strong I'd say.

What other conferences have a better top to bottom? Big 10 Maybe? ACC maybe? But not as weak as you think.

The FudgePAC-10

Ok.. Let me see if I have this straight.. It goes...

SEC, BIG 12... and then maybe ACC, maybe BIG 10, or maybe Pac 10. Six more and you've named 'em all!! Pick one.

And yes I know Washington beat USC, for Christs' sake. But that's like watching a smaller midget pin down a not so small midget to claim the midget wrestling title..

http://www.microwrestling.com/about/

Sure USC is the best of the PAC 10, but that's because they don't play anyone worth a damn (except for Stanford). Much like saying Boise St. is good this year because they beat the rest of the teams in the WAC! The WAC and the PAC 10 should combine into one conference in order to make it fair for those in more serious conferences.

Latest resources

Back