• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"CACTUS" starts tomorrow!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So...a couple of days ago I'm flying MSP-PHL, and a USAirways guys is looking for the jumpseat to get to work. He's sporting a slick USAPA lanyard. I ask him how USAPA is working out for them...and he gives a long, detailed, high db rant about how much ALPA sucks, and how much better USAPA will be for them.

My F/O (perceptive, bright, and lands better than me!), intervenes before I can respond...and suggests a smarter answer for him would have been "fine, so far".

His reponse: "Why? Are you guys ALPA a$$holes?"

Worry-Free Commuting: Fail

I wonder if he eventually made it to PHL?

So...a couple of days ago I'm flying MSP-PHL, and a USAirways guys is looking for the jumpseat to get to work. He's sporting a slick USAPA lanyard. I ask him how USAPA is working out for them...and he gives a long, detailed, high db rant about how much ALPA sucks, and how much better USAPA will be for them.

My F/O (perceptive, bright, and lands better than me!), intervenes before I can respond...and suggests a smarter answer for him would have been "fine, so far".

I usually never let it got that far....I check their ID and send them to the back.

I've had a couple of East and West guys try to get me to see their side of the issue...
i cut it off pretty quick by interupting the coming rant and thanking them for how they treat our guys who J/S.

Oooh, not good, not good at all! Didn't you read the court case? USAPA is blaming all the jumpseat denials on some conspiracy between the west pilots and the rest of the commercial airline industry against their poor pilots who are just trying to voice their opinion while begging for a free flight to work. I think they might look into agressive panhandling laws that exist in many cities to give them and their followers (I DIDN'T say lemmings!) guidance on how to behave w/r/t the jumpseat.

So you see yourself as some kind of victim?

My analogy probably wasn't the best, but we west pilots are defending ourselves against a bigger(more numbers) bully. Actually, 18 line pilots don't have much choice, they were drug into court by the fine catpiss union for horror of all horrors, web board posts.

So exactly how is a west guy supposed to quit fighting amongst other pilots when he is drug into court over chicken********************?

Last edited:
Oooh, not good, not good at all! Didn't you read the court case? USAPA is blaming all the jumpseat denials on some conspiracy between the west pilots and the rest of the commercial airline industry against their poor pilots who are just trying to voice their opinion while begging for a free flight to work. I think they might look into agressive panhandling laws that exist in many cities to give them and their followers (I DIDN'T say lemmings!) guidance on how to behave w/r/t the jumpseat.

I love the USAPA thought process. They sue their own pilots for denying jumpseats to the East as well as somehow "encouraging" JS denials at other airlines like Alaska who have denied eastholes. The JS is clearly under the "captains authority" umbrella.

Then, when the company wants to give 8 out of 5300 pilots additional education on fuel planning, they take out a hundred-plus thousand dollar add in USA today claiming that their sacred, (wait for it) CAPTAINS AUTHORITY!!! is being trod upon!

It's a one way street for these myopic, doomed losers. They're a cancer that will be killed one way or another. It's just a matter of time. They're too stupid, ham-handed and transparently fratricidal to live long.

Last edited:
2 questions.

Will the USA flights be tagged AWE for ATC or still use USA.

Will the flight carry HP, US, or both.

Latest resources

Back