"CACTUS" starts tomorrow!

buxflyr

Total Time
So 31 yr mainline cap said on the jumpseat the other day it starts tomorrow 9/1.

At first, I asked him what he thought about that, but he made a good point. "Ever since we started with USAIR, its been a downhill ride."

Wonder if there will be some "confusion" on the radio tomorrow!

SSDD

Total Time
In that lineage they've been Mohawk, Alleghany, Piedmont, PSA, and now Cactus, did I forget any?

charlie2

Total Time
No offense but with my speech impediment it sounds like I'm saying "catpiss".

vtwo

Total Time
+11K
well it may sound like cat piss but it what pays your bills, so go ahead and pretend your not catpiss , the paycheck says other wise.

ps I love you guys at America West, always treat me well when I ride JS from phx,
also no less of the USAirguys,Always the best treatment from the EASTies
But coming from an EXPAT now. give the fight up against each other and focus on the real point of contention . The ones who pay the check.
That is what it is really about, $$$$$$$$

vetrider

Total Time
10k +
well it may sound like cat piss but it what pays your bills, so go ahead and pretend your not catpiss , the paycheck says other wise.

ps I love you guys at America West, always treat me well when I ride JS from phx,
also no less of the USAirguys,Always the best treatment from the EASTies
But coming from an EXPAT now. give the fight up against each other and focus on the real point of contention . The ones who pay the check.
That is what it is really about, $$$$$$$$
The ones who sign the paycheck aren't the ones sueing individual west pilots. Sadly, as shabbily as the company treats all of us, usapa took it a couple steps further. Alot of average line guys on the east are fine people, no doubt, but usapa is just plain vile.

Usapa was formed to beat the west into submission. Telling the average westy to quit fighting is like telling the lady with two black eyes to shut up.

Last edited:

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
Might be "Cactus" on the radio, but regrettably its USAir and all the bs that name conjures up, painted on the side of the airplane.:(

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:

FLYLOW22

Total Time
TT
New call sign...

Well now... that's gonna change everything.

:rolleyes:

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
...Telling the average westy to quit fighting is like telling the lady with two black eyes to shut up.
So you see yourself as some kind of victim?

Occam's Razor

Risible...ALWAYS risible
Total Time
16K+
So...a couple of days ago I'm flying MSP-PHL, and a USAirways guys is looking for the jumpseat to get to work. He's sporting a slick USAPA lanyard. I ask him how USAPA is working out for them...and he gives a long, detailed, high db rant about how much ALPA sucks, and how much better USAPA will be for them.

My F/O (perceptive, bright, and lands better than me!), intervenes before I can respond...and suggests a smarter answer for him would have been "fine, so far".

His reponse: "Why? Are you guys ALPA a$$holes?"

Worry-Free Commuting: Fail

I wonder if he eventually made it to PHL?

Tejas-Jet

Total Time
enuf
So...a couple of days ago I'm flying MSP-PHL, and a USAirways guys is looking for the jumpseat to get to work. He's sporting a slick USAPA lanyard. I ask him how USAPA is working out for them...and he gives a long, detailed, high db rant about how much ALPA sucks, and how much better USAPA will be for them.

My F/O (perceptive, bright, and lands better than me!), intervenes before I can respond...and suggests a smarter answer for him would have been "fine, so far".

I usually never let it got that far....I check their ID and send them to the back.

I've had a couple of East and West guys try to get me to see their side of the issue...
i cut it off pretty quick by interupting the coming rant and thanking them for how they treat our guys who J/S.

Bringupthebird

Grumpy? Who-Me?
Total Time

Oooh, not good, not good at all! Didn't you read the court case? USAPA is blaming all the jumpseat denials on some conspiracy between the west pilots and the rest of the commercial airline industry against their poor pilots who are just trying to voice their opinion while begging for a free flight to work. I think they might look into agressive panhandling laws that exist in many cities to give them and their followers (I DIDN'T say lemmings!) guidance on how to behave w/r/t the jumpseat.

vetrider

Total Time
10k +
So you see yourself as some kind of victim?
My analogy probably wasn't the best, but we west pilots are defending ourselves against a bigger(more numbers) bully. Actually, 18 line pilots don't have much choice, they were drug into court by the fine catpiss union for horror of all horrors, web board posts.

So exactly how is a west guy supposed to quit fighting amongst other pilots when he is drug into court over chicken********************?

Last edited:

becket

Total Time
Oooh, not good, not good at all! Didn't you read the court case? USAPA is blaming all the jumpseat denials on some conspiracy between the west pilots and the rest of the commercial airline industry against their poor pilots who are just trying to voice their opinion while begging for a free flight to work. I think they might look into agressive panhandling laws that exist in many cities to give them and their followers (I DIDN'T say lemmings!) guidance on how to behave w/r/t the jumpseat.
I love the USAPA thought process. They sue their own pilots for denying jumpseats to the East as well as somehow "encouraging" JS denials at other airlines like Alaska who have denied eastholes. The JS is clearly under the "captains authority" umbrella.

Then, when the company wants to give 8 out of 5300 pilots additional education on fuel planning, they take out a hundred-plus thousand dollar add in USA today claiming that their sacred, (wait for it) CAPTAINS AUTHORITY!!! is being trod upon!

It's a one way street for these myopic, doomed losers. They're a cancer that will be killed one way or another. It's just a matter of time. They're too stupid, ham-handed and transparently fratricidal to live long.

Last edited:

Flying the Line

Total Time
2 questions.

Will the USA flights be tagged AWE for ATC or still use USA.

Will the flight carry HP, US, or both.