• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

cactus callsign driving controllers nuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In regards to the original post. Yes, I heard the controlers bitching about it too a couple of days ago. He was very candid about it over the air and said it really screws things up.

Controller in Washtington Center today told a USair flight that they had gotten some paperwork in regards to the callsign. The USair guy very enthusastically goes "they are changing it back to usair??"

Nope, apparently all flights will be filed as AWE shortly.

Gateway - Lindbergh

Shuttlecraft - Mercury

Both Ho Jets and Scabpublic are centralized commuter airlines that have not been around for 20+ years throughout the entire country, europe, the islands, mexico, canada, etc. Blow Jets and Shepublic only operate certain areas and have only been around for a couple years. Plus the big issue is not the callsign change, but the USA instead of AWE on the FAA flight plan strip. If we must call ourselves cactus then file us AWE. If you file us USA then we are still US Air.

aka Cactus Callsign driving UsAir pilots nuts.

I've heard plenty of controllers calling guys until they finally say "USair" and the pilot reply. Why they used USA instead of AWE for cactus? Who knows. Luckily in another week it's switching back to AWE permanently for the callsign Cactus.

Well the Military Callsigns must just kill the European controllers! Give me a break, get over it already and move on!

I hear that the tag will read AWE (CACTUS) soon just to help those that are confused. I'm sure we'll see a full page USA Today advertisement regarding the tragedy soon:rolleyes: .

Latest resources

Back