• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cabotage, coming to a city near you?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our health insurance is paid for by our employers while our Eurotrash bros have a government system.

Who do you think pays the government in Europe so they have money to pay for healthcare? In either case chances are you will soon get to experience government healthcare in the US.

Ain't that the truth. How many RJ pilots or for that fact furloughed pilots that would jump at the chance on a 737 at 60K a year as a CA to fly EC to WC? How many pilots out there are rooting for CAL to loosen their scope clause so they can come fly the "big iron" for CAL? Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe this.

Pardon me if I am wrong but what is CAL's first year pay? It is not a regional or furloughed pilot thing, it is a pilot thing. If it was not for the close minded mainline pilots none of the RJ would have ben out sourced. You know the saying "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones?"

If you care so much about your future as well as the regional guys you guys would be pushing for a staple of EGL to AMR's list, CPZ, CMR, Mesaba, etc to DL, maybe XJT to CAL but you know and I know that will never happen. Partly because most mainline guys see it as regional guys' dream, as well as the "i had to interview here and I deserve it" BS!

I am not trying to start anything with you I am just throwing out ideas!

Pardon me if I am wrong but what is CAL's first year pay? It is not a regional or furloughed pilot thing, it is a pilot thing. If it was not for the close minded mainline pilots none of the RJ would have ben out sourced. You know the saying "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones?"

If you care so much about your future as well as the regional guys you guys would be pushing for a staple of EGL to AMR's list, CPZ, CMR, Mesaba, etc to DL, maybe XJT to CAL but you know and I know that will never happen. Partly because most mainline guys see it as regional guys' dream, as well as the "i had to interview here and I deserve it" BS!

I am not trying to start anything with you I am just throwing out ideas!

You have a fairly abrasive way of throwing out ideas.
I understand as well as many others do that this is a win-win for pilots. The problem is there is no leverage to force the company to do this.

Us:"You must merge mainline and express pilot seniority lists".
Mgmt: "No".
Us: "I strenuously urge you to merge the lists"
Mgmt: "Well in that case....No".

The problem is there is no leverage to force the company to do this.

Us:"You must merge mainline and express pilot seniority lists".
Mgmt: "No".
Us: "I strenuously urge you to merge the lists"
Mgmt: "Well in that case....No".

Labor has a right, under federal law, to bargain collectively.

When the Delta MEC threw Comair and ASA pilots under the bus in front of management in 2000, managements everywhere took the hint.

While I was in JFK over the weekend, I saw a British Airways Airbus 319.

When the Delta MEC threw Comair and ASA pilots under the bus in front of management in 2000, managements everywhere took the hint. .

How did DALPA throw you under the bus?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back