• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cabotage, coming to a city near you?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're still not clear. The article you posted made a very strong argument for scope, for all brand flying being done by one pilot group with no outsourcing.

How did DALPA throw you to the alligators?

I'll bite if you forgive the pun,
by refusing to mitigate the huge threat of operational control of mainline flying handed over to DCI subcontractors.

Genie is out of the bottle now.
Maybe Gen Lee has a plan.:rolleyes:

Paul, all I am saying is that WE (atleast I am) are looking to you guys (mainline pilots) to fix the issue of scope. I just want DALPA, UA ALPA, and especially CAL ALPA since they are in contract negotiations to offer the plan. What is the worst that can happen? the company says no and they put up a stink. The best that comes out of it is that you allow CAL to fly an E170/190 by your pilots with maybe like JB wages. You can put in a stipulation that says any exchange with a 737 route will ensure pay bump to 737 rate. In that case you stop the company from dwindling the 73s and replace them with the 190s.
It is a win win for both the company and the pilots. The company gets its smaller cabin you solve the scope issue. I know my plan is not perfect but all I am saying is offer a different plan as the current one is set up for the demise of mainline pilots and to an extent the better regionals.

While I was in JFK over the weekend, I saw a British Airways Airbus 319.

It was a 318.

The idea that alpa puts out about foreign pilots coming over here to work for sub standard wages is a joke. Firstly they would need greencards, and secondly we are the lowest paid pilots in the world. Why do you think so many americans have gone overseas in the last few yars to fly? Its not because they want to, its because thats where the money is.

Latest resources

Back