• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cabotage, coming to a city near you?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand some of the concerns here, but American pilots are BY FAR (!!) the worlds cheapest pilots. No matter who owns the company you fly for, the management will be falling over themselves chasing down the cheap labor American pilots. You will still have a job.

I understand some of the concerns here, but American pilots are BY FAR (!!) the worlds cheapest pilots. No matter who owns the company you fly for, the management will be falling over themselves chasing down the cheap labor American pilots. You will still have a job.

Until we can get all the Indian, Chinese and Latin pilots trained................then watch wages fall through the floor.

Not true.

Our health insurance is paid for by our employers while our Eurotrash bros have a government system. They are still cheaper than we are overall.

Ture....

Not true.

Our health insurance is paid for by our employers while our Eurotrash bros have a government system. They are still cheaper than we are overall.

And I don't believe that the BA spokeshole was looking to put on any extra speedbird flights, probably a new startup that could work with their "open skies" brand and find a way to lure cheap pilots into flying cross country in the US for $30K a year.
Cabotage is an extreme threat to even our current wages, it's not like the European pilots are setting new salary records, there is an erosion there as well, just a little more disguised because many of them don't fret about working all over the world.

And I don't believe that the BA spokeshole was looking to put on any extra speedbird flights, probably a new startup that could work with their "open skies" brand and find a way to lure cheap pilots into flying cross country in the US for $30K a year.
Cabotage is an extreme threat to even our current wages, it's not like the European pilots are setting new salary records, there is an erosion there as well, just a little more disguised because many of them don't fret about working all over the world.

Ain't that the truth. How many RJ pilots or for that fact furloughed pilots that would jump at the chance on a 737 at 60K a year as a CA to fly EC to WC? How many pilots out there are rooting for CAL to loosen their scope clause so they can come fly the "big iron" for CAL? Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe this.

Ain't that the truth. How many RJ pilots or for that fact furloughed pilots that would jump at the chance on a 737 at 60K a year as a CA to fly EC to WC? How many pilots out there are rooting for CAL to loosen their scope clause so they can come fly the "big iron" for CAL? Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe this.
hmmm perhaps you don't like the free market.... outsourcing is the American Way!

Latest resources

Back