• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C Series for Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The C series shouldn't be flying for any regional airline.

Absolutely right. The C110 is a 120,000 lb airplane, the C130 (No offense to Herc guys, that's what they call it) is a 130,000 lb airplane. Seats up to 145 people in a 2-3 main cabin configuration. They are saying 20% more efficient to the "classic" 737 and the DC-9, and the Fokker 100, which I would think it would be BETTER than that, but they also compare it to the 717, which would be impressive.

Last edited:
Skywest is in talks with Bambardier hoping to be the launch customer for the C Series. Rumor has it that it isn't for any codeshare. Skywest branded flying i guess. Wonder if they are counting on oil prices dropping. The jet is trouted as being 20% more efficient. They might be able to make a go of it in 2013.

They need a better product then the POS they have out now. CRJ 200/700/900. They all suck.

Embraer will have a better plane anyhow. The E170/175 sure kicked Bombardier in the nuts. They need to succeed with the "C" series. Time will tell

Okay so I clicked on the link. Here is what I found:

The Pratt & Whitney Geared Turbofan engine represents a step-change in commercial engine performance for single-aisle aircraft. The expected benefits will include up to a 12 percent improvement in fuel efficiency and a 30-decibel noise reduction over Stage III requirements. A ground demonstration test is planned in the third quarter 2007 and a flight demonstration test in 2008.

So which is it?

I don't care what this thread is about, these are some fine avatars in this thread!

jehtplane wins!

Embraer will have a better plane anyhow. The E170/175 sure kicked Bombardier in the nuts. They need to succeed with the "C" series. Time will tell[/quote]

What is the typical cruise speed and fuel burn in the E175? I've heard the Crj-700 is better but haven't actually seen the numbers to decide for myself. From a passenger stand point its no question.

Mach .78 normal cruise. Fuel burn ??? I'll have to ask.

I was told the CRJ-700 out-performs the E-170 in just about every category. I can't back it up, don't have the facts on the E-170. Would love to see the comparrisons for costs per seat mile, per hour, range, t/o & landing, etc.

I was told the CRJ-700 out-performs the E-170 in just about every category. I can't back it up, don't have the facts on the E-170. Would love to see the comparrisons for costs per seat mile, per hour, range, t/o & landing, etc.

They're just about the same, kinda like Trans States and GoJet. :bomb:

Latest resources

Back