• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C-90 pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FWIW...I met a C90 captain in the midwest who claimed to make "airline pay" which he defined as a little over 100k. He was guaranteed at least two consecutive days off a week and flew pretty much full-time the other five...single pilot. I don't remember the name of the company but they were involved in mattress manufacturing.

As Chief Pilot of a one man operation you must: Keep the aircraft clean, keep the hangar & restroom clean, flightplan, arrange ground transportation & hotels, track, arrange, and supervise maintenance, plus many other important duties. These duties have value no matter what type aircraft you fly. Flying is only a small part of the job.
What I was trying to say is that the aircraft should match the mission and your pay should not go up or down every time the company trades aircraft.

HEADWIND

I'd think somewhere in the mid-60's to high 70's with bennies for the midwest C90. You're a professional fer crissake, demand to be treated like it. If you low-ball your pay, your employer won't respect you. Sorry Avbug, that pay's way off.

I agree. Even in the SE, average pay for " just a driver" is around 50k with benefits, so a manager should get at least 15k more. I am with Gulfstream also, set the bar HIGH. If you accept a job for below average pay, don't come back here in 3 months and complain about low pay, overworked, bad schedule..... YOU MADE YOUR BED!!!!!

avbug said:
That lacks any logic or relevance.

neither does this...

avbug said:
You'll probably get offered about 40,000 or a little less.
Flying one and maintaining one my top-out was about forty seven.

...theres a VERY respectable C90 operator (in the midwest) that flies ONLY C90s and pays 38K to start as a single pilot operator. if he takes that job for less than 40, he'll be just as silly as you for taking both pilot/A&P duties for less than 50 :rolleyes:

...dont get me wrong, 100K is a bit of an overshoot, but there is a happy medium in there somewhere.

38K to run the whole show and fly the airplane?

Hell, at least some of you know your worth!:puke:

guys, a farkin admin asst. makes at least that these days! you will be that plus the pilot, the mx director, the scheduler, the cleaner, etc...

100K no way huh? what? is that just TOO MUCH for a pilot?

38K -- Many owners would dismiss you right away for thinking so little of yourself...guys probably thinking "shiit, I spend 100K on a car and this slut is willing to do it all for 38K"...humm....

No wonder this business is what it is...38K...pathetic.

Excellent advice guys, I really appreciate it! BTW, Kingairyahoo...is that EagleMed you're talking about? I have a bunch of friends there and have a lot of good things to say about that company. :)

I do the same thing, but in a Cheyenne in the deep south. Pay is $52K a year, plus perdiem, mileage and premium pay for any weeknds. However, I also fly a Citation with a copilot for a different company, make more and work less. Go figure.jet

CaravanMan said:
BTW, Kingairyahoo...is that EagleMed you're talking about? I have a bunch of friends there and have a lot of good things to say about that company. :)

that be the one...if you got friends, and youre at Central (guessing from profile) how come you aint there yet, or are they stagnant???

Latest resources

Back