Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaravanMan

Drop eet like eet's hot
There's a chance I might get a job as a C-90 PIC in the midwest this Winter. I would be the chief/only pilot and in charge of all aspects of the plane. I don't have any prior chief pilot experience, so any ideas on what kind of pay to expect? I have no clue about how much flying they will do, or what kind of schedule to expect. I don't know if that's enough information, but if you have any ballpark ideas I would appreciate the thoughts. Thanks. :)

If you are "the man" (only man) you will have your hands full....7 days a week...flying, arranging cleaning, mx, billing etc....

you gotta aim real high for all that work. 100K min IMHO.

100K would be nice wouldn't it? Highly unlikely.......

It depends what kind of lifestyle you have, what kind of advanced notice you get for your trip, ie weeks, days, minutes. Also how many hours they plan on flying per year. Cost of living in your area, and if YOU have to do the cleaning and waxing or you can outsource that.

50-80K, is what you can honestly ask depending on workload. You got a sweet gig if its only 200-300 hours a year and a few days advanced notice on trips. More than that you are working!

what do u think about a CJ ?? if you are the 'man"

A King Air 90 doesn't rate that much salary. Big numbers, but not realistic. You'll probably get offered about 40,000 or a little less. Possibly a little more, but don't expect it.

Flying one and maintaining one my top-out was about forty seven.

100K min IMHO

Wow ... I gotta move to where ever you are next year! :eek:

Minh
(More like $45K around my neck of the woods.)

Thanks for the replies guys. I was kinda figuring something around Avbug's ballpark. It would be awesome if they offered more though! All the details of this job are just now starting to form, but it's sounding more possible as time goes by. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not expecting anything. Thanks again! :)

Are you a professional that is qualified to do the job or just someone who needs to build turbine time?
I think you are worth what you are worth to the company as a Chief Pilot/Aviation Dept. Mgr. What difference does it make if there mission is best served by a King Air 90, 200, Citation, or Beech Jet? You're still doing the same job and have the same value to the company.
If you had 10 years on the job as a mid size jet captain and the company bought a King Air, because it served their mission best, would you expect a pay cut?

HEADWIND

That lacks any logic or relevance.

If he were ten years as a mid size captain, and moved to another company that flew only a King Air, then he should expect whatever the new company is paying for the King Air.

In this case, the poster is making a move to a position in which he has no experience, to take over a one aircraft flight department, flying an entry level small turboprop, in a single pilot operation.

Should this pilot expect what a ten year captain/chief pilot of a mid-sized jet is getting? Probably not...certainly neither the market nor the industry would bear that out.

Last edited:
FWIW- A few months ago I was helping a pilot on this board with a similar situation. The job was for a BE350. He ended up getting 75K+ bennies. Should a C-90 pilot get 30K less? Both A/C require the same "skill" level and paperwork.

I'm with Gulfstream; aim high!:)

Latest resources

Back