• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C-130 Pilot Having Fun

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seems like I can't throw a stick without hitting someone from the P-3 community out here. :)

One of my buddies who used to play Navy for a living was telling me about the stuff they used to launch in the 1st Gulf War (aka the one nobody was upset about).

Any more news on the Boeing MMA 737 for you guys? Or are they just going to keep slappin bondo on the P-3s for a few more decades?

..saw about 4,000 P-3s over the past month here in Hawaii. Looked like a full Japanese squadron + the regular stuff that's stationed at MCAF Kaneohe Bay.

OrionFE said:
No, not realy! The P-3 has been the first on the scene since the first golf war. Multi Mission Aircrat!

Awesome! What did you shoot? Make the cut? Please tell me you don't carry a 5 wood in your bag!

MAGNUM!! said:
Awesome! What did you shoot? Make the cut? Please tell me you don't carry a 5 wood in your bag!

Hey I carry a 5 wood, whats it to ya? It's a useful club!

fredthead said:
T2 was the first. I think the MN ANG bird was the first to land in daylight a couple of days later.

My unit and a T2 unit were deployed and colocated during the initial phase ISO securing the western/southern front. I remember the reports of a C130 landing at BIAP and as I recall it wasn't a T2. Im also fairly certain it wasnt the T2's from up north...BIAP was too far south for their AOR. So, I'd have to say good on the slick bubbas who pulled off this great feat!!! AFSOC was too busy determining how to seize our beloved new hub when the 130 touched down!!!

HarryShadow said:
My unit and a T2 unit were deployed and colocated during the initial phase ISO securing the western/southern front. I remember the reports of a C130 landing at BIAP and as I recall it wasn't a T2. Im also fairly certain it wasnt the T2's from up north...BIAP was too far south for their AOR. So, I'd have to say good on the slick bubbas who pulled off this great feat!!! AFSOC was too busy determining how to seize our beloved new hub when the 130 touched down!!!

If you talk to the same Talon II guys, they'll tell you they were the first. Not saying they were, but I'm not so sure we can rule it out at this point. Then again, who really cares? Sometimes we get balled up in "firsts" when they don't really matter. Like I said earlier, whoever landed first had their landing graded by PFC Jones sitting in his tank watching from across the street. The only challenge to the deal was landing on taxiway Mike. Even that was about 75' wide if I remember right. All in all, it wasn't a big deal.

Deuce got the big picture

Deuce shacked it!
I once knew a "Harry" that flew the Shadow. Used to go around introducing himself as "Harry XXXXX EP". One time someone asked him "what's the EP for 'Extra Pilot'?". That was hillarious!

Posted by Magnum!!

I watched an MC-130P take the entire runway length at Eglin to takeoff one time. 2000'? Empty, maybe

I did it once almost empty in a C-5.....We were only at about 450,000 lbs.

Latest resources

Back