Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deuce130 said:
Yes, we can. Anymore questions?

And I think the story was meant to be humorous. Kinda like an old fighter pilot "There I was a story," except without all the hot gay sex that usually comes with them.

I watched an MC-130P take the entire runway length at Eglin to takeoff one time. 2000'? Empty, maybe.

MAGNUM!! said:
I watched an MC-130P take the entire runway length at Eglin to takeoff one time. 2000'? Empty, maybe.

I was on a Herk that departed an "undisclosed" location on three engines..in a pretty short run!

MAGNUM!! said:

You sure it didn't have 2 or 3 big tubes sticking out the left side? We have a tendency to take up a lot of runway. :D

MAGNUM!! said:

Was that on 19 Sep 01 at 165K (10K over peacetime MGW) on our way to the WAR? I think it took so long to rotate b/c the pilot was looking at all the pretty F-16s still parked on the ramp.

Deuce130 said:
Was that on 19 Sep 01 at 165K (10K over peacetime MGW) on our way to the WAR? I think it took so long to rotate b/c the pilot was looking at all the pretty F-16s still parked on the ramp.

I can't help it if y'all pack like women.

The narrative sounded like a gag to me, being so full of bad cliche's that it was comical.

I can see it now - Fighter guy telling the story - "FLAPS FULL, GEAR DOWN, LANDING CHECKLIST! HANG ON!!! I am going to actually BANK 60 DEGREES! Uh, landing checklist? Hey, I'm all alone. Who am I talking to?"

Just a bit of fun, we're all on the same team. :D

Yeah, but it was a fun read.

Gorilla said:
The narrative sounded like a gag to me, being so full of bad cliche's that it was comical.

I can see it now - Fighter guy telling the story - "FLAPS FULL, GEAR DOWN, LANDING CHECKLIST! HANG ON!!! I am going to actually BANK 60 DEGREES! Uh, landing checklist? Hey, I'm all alone. Who am I talking to?"

Just a bit of fun, we're all on the same team. :D

Fighter guy wouldn't be doing a tac approach into Baghdad. At least not until the whole AF moved in there and the ILS was set up...

I miss those days, sitting in the Center Seat as the Casual Observer, watching the "College Boys" going at it like little school children and then shoot an awesome PAR down to minimums. Those were the days......

Latest resources

Back