• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bye Bye Woerthless

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Duane lost the election because a few reps traded votes to get themselves a good deal. The Delta MEC were the big horse-traders. They surprised the whole BOD with a last-minute (previously unannounced) candidate for First-VP. That act put all the positions in play and deals were cut. It was ugly to watch.

I agree that it was ugly to watch, but you can't just put the blame on the DAL MEC. Vote trading and back-door deals were going on among virtually all of the A-carriers.

I agree that it was ugly to watch, but you can't just put the blame on the DAL MEC. Vote trading and back-door deals were going on among virtually all of the A-carriers.

Good point! There was a lot of trading going on, and my fellow "legacy" pilots were the worst offenders.

I did like the Top Ten list from Day 1. The highlight of the meeting, to me.

What did you think?

Good point! There was a lot of trading going on, and my fellow "legacy" pilots were the worst offenders.

I did like the Top Ten list from Day 1. The highlight of the meeting, to me.

What did you think?

I really enjoyed it. Definitely didn't hold back! I was sitting behind the FredEx guys and they got a good laugh out of the DC-10 joke. :smash:

Just watched the ALPA 2006 BOD opening remarks and the session on globalization and collective bargaining.

Good information... I am informed.

It can be found in the members only webpage on alpa.org

Last edited:
Oh I miss the "good ol days' of yesturday." I now see my friend and pal "Errol Lloyd Johnstad" grieving for ALL of us - how we just could NOT do it and stay together. This has to be a very sad day for ALL pilots in general.
Sad day....
Very sad day....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back