• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Vilnius Schoolmaster (j.k.)

DirkkDiggler said:
Marko,

You really think you're quite special don't you. Do you know that you sound like a pompous @ss? Fellow AWACers, make sure you don't get too excited about the future. Marko the Great has spoken and he predicts doom and gloom!

What in my post said that I thought I was better than you or any other pilot out there? Bottom line to me is that we(that includes ME) as pilots don't learn to well from our mistakes and experiences outside of the cockpit. We do a terrible job of learning from history, including the active history around us occurring to other carriers. If we can't see the threat directly in front of us, we simply won't believe it to be possible, even if it were warned. The stuff that is happenning to regionals was predicted long ago(not by me), but by and large no one would accept it because we couldn't see it in our face. 50 seat RJ orders have been shufffled/cancelled for several years now at several carriers and many of the new RJ opportunities come from lost flying at other carriers. I'd go on but I'm sure that would raise your ire b/c it's not what you want to hear. I'm just saying to learn from the past/present to be ready for the future, you can be sure management is.

Latest resources

Back