• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bye bye Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
blah blah blah no more beeches blah blah blah only saabs blah blah were getting RJs some day....

right, becaues the 3 passangers that we put on in some of our EAS lines, and the 2 we usually put on the plane in HYA can support a beech....

colgan will be operating as a codeshare partner and not a contract carrier with usairways in the near future, much like greatlakes/united.

It never fails to amaze me...

This recent business epiphany is purely Colgan in every way. I can see it now... (start dream sequence...)
Colgan Management: "Ladies and gentlemen, market trends over the past ten years or so have shown regional carriers diverging from the less popular turboprop product and more towards the regional jet. So, in an effort to stay competitive and attract new business, the company has announced a new strategy. Effective immediately, Colgan Air will initiate the monthly return of all of our high cycle/outdated turboprop equipment with... More high cycle/outdated turboprop equipment. They look bitch'n, and besides, we believe this jet thing is a mere fad that will soon pass."

Sorry Chpr,
Ended up working as per usual... Will advise soon. I'll ring ya'...

Jason....That was great always nice to get laugh in the hotel room. I gotta get down to Big D sometime and see ya man.

Climbhappy...My guess is if US Air tanks Colgan will go back to just doing the EAS stuff again like they did a few years ago. Maybe a BKW or BLF hub? Introducing many new nonstop flights from BKW to other cities that no one ever wants to go to.

My turn........I too am leaving Colgan for Trans States.

I was told that all the C models are going to Florida for the "airline" tha TAB is starting. Colgan apparently owns a portion of this venture. If all the Beeches leave, where do all the Beech pilots go. In my last recurrent, the Colgans made it clear that it would cost them too mich money to train a Beech FO for the SAAB FO position. The only way from the Beech to the SAAB is upgrade on the Beech. Then write a letter every week,call chief pilot every week, go to church alot, jump through hoops (forwards and backwards) to get on the SAAB upgrade list. I am sure there are plenty of eager beavers at TAB that will pay all sorts of money to fly the SAAB as an FO. Maybe current Beech pilots can resign, go to TAB and pay for the upgrade! I wish everyone luck with this restructuring of sorts, if it does indeed happen( If I remember correctly, all the Cs will be gone by Jan03):D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back