• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

abxdx

ATSG subsidiary has aircraft lease deal

Staff Report

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WILMINGTON — Air Transport Services Group Inc. said a subsidiary has signed an agreement to lease up to five Boeing 767-200 freighter aircraft to Amerijet International Inc., of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Amerijet already has exercised options under the deal with Cargo Aircraft Management Inc. to lease the first two freighters, ATSG said Wednesday, Feb. 18.
Amerijet is pursuing Federal Aviation Administration approval to start operating those two planes at mid-year. Amerijet operates cargo flights from its primary hub at Miami International Airport.

Looks like if you guys cannot work things out with ABX Air managenment you can always go an work for Amerijet.

Your kidding, right? Of course there ABX aircraft. Who else has 767-200F's laying around doing nothing?

My question is, who flies these. ABx pilots or Amerijet? If it's amerijet, that's not good for the remaining 767 drivers at ABX.

And just for info, how many abx pilots have been furloughed? I heard it's a very small amount, which is confusing.

Amerijet pilots will be flying these aircraft. Most likely, our management will be offering jobs to many of the ABX guys on the street.

The first two 767's are already on the ramp, and training for our pilots should begin soon. We have hired a few ABX guys to perform the training.

What tails? We were told that the remaining 3 would come when they are cut with cargo doors in TLV. The company line is that the aircraft will be pulled from group of acft not being used by DHL. We will not pull acft from any of our current charters. Obviously ABX will probably stop flying for AJT on a wet-lease.

Amerijet pilots will be flying these aircraft. Most likely, our management will be offering jobs to many of the ABX guys on the street.

The first two 767's are already on the ramp, and training for our pilots should begin soon. We have hired a few ABX guys to perform the training.

Dry lease...

Your kidding, right? Of course there ABX aircraft. Who else has 767-200F's laying around doing nothing?

My question is, who flies these. ABx pilots or Amerijet? If it's amerijet, that's not good for the remaining 767 drivers at ABX.

And just for info, how many abx pilots have been furloughed? I heard it's a very small amount, which is confusing.

Latest resources

Back