• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buying brand new B-350 - wish list ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IFIS, XM Weather, but also get an EFB. It's nice to have a back up if you don't want to carry a bunch of charts. What do you do in the middle of nowheresville when the IFIS doesn't want to work.

Not only is it nice, it is required to have a back-up, be it paper or another electronic version.

If you are going to have in panel charts... and want a back up for that system, rather than a windows based EFB, why not get the new Jepp Chart Viewer... a lot less money and will do what you need.

LB

How about, not buying Factory new and buy one that has about 70 hours on it with all the options you want (in these times I'm sure there is one out there). Then use all that money you save on something else?

I recommend that you get an airplane with REAL JET ENGINES. After all, we all know

PROPS ARE FOR BOATS!

Just kidding! All the best with your NEW AIRPLANE! Its great to see someone buying one!

New King Air 350??

...... we are rumored to be buying a factory brand new King Air 350.......

I had heard rumors that the US Military (primarily the Air Force?) had locked up acquisition of virtually all new BE-350's coming out of the factory, for the near future. Have you heard this rumor? Anyone else? If so, it might be tough to get a new one.

I heard the same thing...not sure if it's true though. I do know L3 communications offered us 750K more than we paid for ours, which was 2 years old at the time. I think L3 was in a mad dash to fill an order they had promised Uncle Sam. So, we sold the KA for a profit and bought a new CJ3 (in a down market). What are the odds?

I heard the same thing...not sure if it's true though. I do know L3 communications offered us 750K more than we paid for ours, which was 2 years old at the time. I think L3 was in a mad dash to fill an order they had promised Uncle Sam. So, we sold the KA for a profit and bought a new CJ3 (in a down market). What are the odds?

IMHO you got a way better airplane outta the deal! ;-)

350 or 350i?

I would go for the following, more or less in this order:

XM Weather

TCAS II (depending on budget)

Wireless High Speed internet, but not sure if it is available on the one you are getting.

Some of the 350i options are pretty cool, such as heated seats and the aft vanity with sink and running water. Also can't forget the blu-ray and LCD screens.

The charts and fileserver are standard, as is brake de-ice (and wing lockers).

And if you really need the range, go for the ER option!

All that stuff seems cool.

However don't you think options like a sink are just going to be problematic?

Even if it doesn't break it is just one more preflight item.

I'd like:

Wing lockers for skis so you dont have to worry about Johnny Law.

TCAS - Don't have it. Wish I did.

XM - Don't have it. I've used it. Nice to see the other side of the CB.

Jeppview on the MFD - nice to see a runway diagram with a little magenta airplane on it. "Oh look monkey there I am."

After that whatever extras you can convince your boss to buy good for you. Maybe it is a form of job security?

I would make sure I could watch surf movies in flight so that EFB does sound pretty cool. Now if I could post on FI and tell everyone what my dream 350 set up would be while flying my dream 350, OH YEAH. Gotta have the net. So I can post my facebook photos of the hotties I was slayin down in CRQ. I would try and throw in a budget for a hero cam so you could make vids of your flights or some night vision goggles. Night vision would be sweet!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back