Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

relief tube

Hey all,

so for the honeymoon, bought the tickets for us.

On the return flight obviously it wouldn't matter, but for the flight going over, are there any consequences to non-rev to get 1st? Does it jeopardize your return flight, as the system might not show you getting there in the 1st place?

If you don't fly the first leg of your paid reservation, the rest of it will almost certainly be cancelled.

If you don't fly the first leg of your paid reservation, the rest of it will almost certainly be cancelled.

Agreed. Tried it and it bit me in the keister. Then I had to buy a full fate one way for the spouse at the counter. Ouch

Yea, the Delta system will automatically purge the return leg if you do not board the first leg of your flight. Honestly, I would just use your ticket and not risk the non rev venture...too much to risk

Delta will not even let an employee check a bag for free if they are on a "regular" ticket - it was stated on the "ask the widget" section recently.

If you are DCC employee, do not bring it up - they will put the red headed step child(ren) in the seats right across the lav in the MD aircraft or the last row center seats. Call reservations and beg (I MEAN - BEG) for decent seat reservations - they sometimes have more compassion. Also, if you are a honeymoon couple, let them know. Sometimes there are bleeding hearts out there...

Now on US flights, they actually seem to like Express (or other airline) employees...I've been upgraded and even allowed free baggage while traveling on "regular" tickets.

I'm just say'n...been there, done that, a lot!

It's a shame, though, when airline employees can't even enjoy non-rev bennies!

I don't know if you mentioned where you were going, but if its to the caribbean, I would buy a ticket home. Non-revving on Delta I never had a problem getting to caribbean destinations but got stuck 3 times trying to get home. Problem is that most for the islands down there only have 1 flight a day. I'd rater get stuck in the US then in a 3rd world country with limited cell and wifi coverage.

Latest resources

Back