• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

buying a cargo plane......opinions on which plane to buy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you can buy an IL76 with only a few bullet holes for 500k, so buy 2 and save a million.

I was just curious how the parts and support were since its Russian built......

Also, how much more per hour would that plane cost to run then a Convair 580 or Fokker 50.......I'm guessing ALLOT MORE..........

Which model......

CRJ100PF LR Range....15,200 lb max payload, 1130nm

Well you said you needed 14,000 and 900nm. The nice thing about a CRJ is that there is very good parts support. You would also have a market for resale that is much larger than the other planes mentioned. Lots of places that provide training at reasonable prices also may be a factor for you.

I second the IL-76. Plenty of experienced IL-76 pilots in India. The IAF flies the IL-76 and parts should be around.

Tell him to talk to bluedart they have 2 x 737-200 that appear to be in storage one has arrived at vebs and they other sits at vecc... and yes can't import a aircraft older than 15yrs old into india.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Should be some cargo-door DC9-30's available. They would exceed your payload/range requirement but the fuselage will not accept a standard container.

I still say get the IL76, you will not need to buy any k-loaders..etc to load and unload the freight. Not to mention you could land it on a dirt road if need be. Also I believe they are still making new IL76s.

Last edited:
there are some DC10's out there.... former GAC and others that are great lifers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back