• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

belchfire

unpredictable member
Buy American if and you where can...

I know it's tough. Try to buy something for your kid that isn't made in china. In fact the laptop that I am working on was assembled there-God only knows where the components came from...again a case of few choices.

Well, there are some places that you have a choice. One is in uniform shirts.
Yeah, they are expensive enough as it is. Van Heusen used to make their shirts in this country, but in order to fatten the pockets of those at the top they moved the factory to the PRC...as in the Peoples Republic of China. A country that has demonstrated a continuing unwillingness to allow their people decent freedoms such as we enjoy here.

The rest of your uniform is probably Union Made here in the US of A. So why negate that good and buy a Chineese knockoff shirt that looses buttons? Since pilots spend so much of their time beotching about pay I am going to step up and ask them to do what I have done.

I bought Landerwood uniform shirts. They aren't cheap, but you can feel the difference. And if something is going to be that close to you all fracking day long it adds up. Landerwood isn't the only one, there are other U.S. made choices. Landerwood is my preference. But by all that is Holy if you are going to beatch about your pay you shouldn't be buying chineese when you have a choice. Especially when Houser (sp?) and Van Heusen have demonstrated only their willingness to line their pockets by moving thier factories to the PRC and laying off workers here. And yes, my leather uniform is U.S. made too...not a cheapazzed knockoff.

Just my thoughts...

Belch

Last edited:
my leather uniform is U.S. made too...

Leather uniform...?

You use that for uh, days off activities?

I try to buy US goods as well.
Got a Chevy and a Ford in my driveway.

Looking at a SONY screen (monitor) right now. Made in China, sold for $269.00. Excellent performance. good price for 19". If I could get the same product, or better, for the same price or better, I would sure make a point to buy US made goods. Having a hard time to pay more for less however.

Don't know that any electronic goods are really made here in the USA anymore...?

CSY Mon said:
Don't know that any electronic goods are really made here in the USA anymore...?
That's why an EMP attack against the US would make sense from the stand point that Asia would only stand to gain during our post EMP attack rebuild.

CSY Mon said:
Leather uniform...?

You use that for uh, days off activities?

Looking at a SONY screen (monitor) right now. Made in China, sold for $269.00. Excellent performance. good price for 19". If I could get the same product, or better, for the same price or better, I would sure make a point to buy US made goods. Having a hard time to pay more for less however.

Don't know that many Chevys or Fords are really made here in the U.S., of U.S.-made components anymore. Another generation or two, and we will have forgotten how to manufacture anything...except weapons, of course...better not outsource that to China.

CSY Mon said:

Yep, if it says FOrd or CHevy, It *Must* be good old american, right? well, not necessarily. A lot of parts and sub assembelies are made overseas and in Mexico. THere was a thread recently here that discussed the phenomenon, one poster had information about some specific brands and models which showed the percentage of foreign manufactures parts and percentage of foreign assembly and it was pretty clear that the Japanese make (Toyota? Honda?) was substantially more "american" than the "american" brand (FOrd? CHevy? )

That of course doesn't stop Ford, GM, etc from waving the "made in America" flag, even though they're lying through thier teeth.

I flunked typing. Sorry. Back when I was learning to twist the knobs on a narco 110 it wasn't a requirement.

Further, since the all knowing websitemaster of the flightinfo universe has limited us to one hour to edit our posts my gaff is forever saved-no doubt to the endless amusement of many-including me!!!

Please read "Leather uniform" as Leather Uniform Jacket.

I thank you for this opportunity to provide humor at my expense. Please note that I did not mention my leather riding crop. I will endeavor to not frighten all y'all with such details of my personal life in the future...

I agree about content in so called "american" vehicles. Many are no more american than the BMW's that are assembled in South Carolina. Many Dodges are assembled in mexico for that matter. My understanding is that the much praised Cummins BT-6 engine is now actually produced in Japan...

Hey Paco, I heard about this sweat shop that is hiring in the PRC. You could make $h1+ for wal-mart!

hehehehe...

Last edited:
belchfire said:
I flunked typing. Sorry. Back when I was learning to twist the knobs on a narco 110 it wasn't a requirement.

Further, since the all knowing websitemaster of the flightinfo universe has limited us to one hour to edit our posts my gaff is forever saved-no doubt to the endless amusement of many-including me!!!

Please read "Leather uniform" as Leather Uniform Jacket.

I thank you for this opportunity to provide humor at my expense. Please note that I did not mention my leather riding crop. I will endeavor to not frighten all y'all with such details of my personal life in the future...

I agree about content in so called "american" vehicles. Many are no more american than the BMW's that are assembled in South Carolina. Many Dodges are assembled in mexico for that matter. My understanding is that the much praised Cummins BT-6 engine is now actually produced in Japan...

Hey Paco, I heard about this sweat shop that is hiring in the PRC. You could make $h1+ for wal-mart!

hehehehe...
thank goodness my STG-58 kit will be assembled by belgians or austrians.

FN FAL said:
That's why an EMP attack against the US would make sense from the stand point that Asia would only stand to gain during our post EMP attack rebuild.

Yeah, all those old X type weaving machines have been set up in plants in the PRC. Heck, I don't even know of one damm gas station that could sell you anything if their cash register computers that are tied to inventory computers that talk to supplier computers goes down.

Last edited:
belchfire said:
Yeah, all those old X type weaving machines have been set up in plants in the PRC.
I'm going to sit on your face and make you recite the battle hymn of the republic you salty dog.

Latest resources

Back