Burlington, VT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bet your shipmate slept real well....

oh no you didn't! I know you weren't taking a cheap shot at my avatar! I just uploaded a new picture of that fantasic man. Everything he touches turns to gold. Midas would be proud.

He invades my dreams.

....."great, I am bunking with the Hasselhoff stalker. He took down my Farrah Faucet and Dallas Cowboys Cheerler posters, again. Damn!"

I hope your avatar name "OH Ryan" is due to the fact that you fly the P-3 and not because your name is Ryan and that is what Hasselhoff says to you in your dream!???

"OH RYAN! OH RYAN!"

I like this I kid, I kid stuff.:):):)

My shipmate was a shipwreak by the time I got done with him.

Good catch on the Orion/Oh-ryan play on words. That's all it is... a lousy synonym. Hasselhoff can call me whatever he likes though. As far as the "I kid" stuff, I have to attribute that fine quote to Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Now where were we? Some guy looking for a good time in Vermont I think? Let me check Hasselhoff's blog to see if he will be touring there any time soon. I'll get back to you

zyes, zyes, that is great....

My shipmate was a shipwreak by the time I got done with him.

Good catch on the Orion/Oh-ryan play on words. That's all it is... a lousy synonym. Hasselhoff can call me whatever he likes though. As far as the "I kid" stuff, I have to attribute that fine quote to Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Now where were we? Some guy looking for a good time in Vermont I think? Let me check Hasselhoff's blog to see if he will be touring there any time soon. I'll get back to you

......for me to poop on!!!

Burlington is OK but, if you have time and can stand being in the linguistic minority, Montreal isn't much more than an hour North (plus any delay at the border).

Trip Report

Burlington = Good.

Lots of places right downtown to rent bikes, kayaks, etc. Bike trails (7+ miles) right out front along the lake.

Church St. is like stepping back in time. Lots o' freaks, good restaurants, coffee, etc. Sat afternoon looked like something from Haight Ashbury.

It rained bad yesterday, so I rented a car and went to Killington via the Green Mountain National Forest. Very scenic, even in the rain. On a good day the ski resorts have mountain biking and alpine slides.

Also checked out Stowe and Smuggler's Notch. Again, very cool. Topped it off with the Ben and Jerry's factory tour. I actually didn't take the tour, but just looked around. On weekends, they aren't making ice cream, so they just show you a video of them making ice cream. No thanks.

In summary, if you like the outdoors, Vermont is good. Thanks for all the advice. Maybe we should start a layover trip report forum?

Sounds like a great layover city. I have 32 hour layovers every Friday night there this month. Looking forward to creating complete havoc.

Latest resources

Back