• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buffett Bites Back at NetJets Pilot Complaints

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not going to agree. We've been in good times for YEARS now and still...nothing. You aim high in good times and make the money while its there. When the company makes less, you have a different set of expectations.
DAL settled a TA in less than 1/4 the time we have. And that was their M.O...the money is there, pay up. It is no different here. This turnaround was earned as much by our backs getting overloaded as any other factor, probably more. If the planes don't fly, NJA makes no money. Well, the planes have been moving and NJA is nearly paid off on all debt. IOW, it will be a debt free operation soon. So why should we lower our expectations because of what "might" happen later when we are doing so well?
If the hard times come, we can deal with those when the time comes, not now. As we say where I grew up: "make your hay while the sun shines".

I've seen the same philosophy by many athletes. They want to get their payday when their contract is up. The wise ones recognize the fact that it's not just them but the team that makes them successful and they structure their pay to make sure they can surround themselves with a good supporting cast.

I've seen the same philosophy by many athletes. They want to get their payday when their contract is up. The wise ones recognize the fact that it's not just them but the team that makes them successful and they structure their pay to make sure they can surround themselves with a good supporting cast.

But at the end of the day you can't even have a game without the quarterback. (pilots)

It's the rising tide. A tire costs $75. A gallon of milk is $4. A NetJets pilot is $250,000. It costs what it costs.

One of the pilots was waiting for an airline when a person who identified himself as someone from United hiring/training approached him and asked: Are you with Netjets?

"United is going to clean you guys out"

They will be hiring all they can get, he said.

I wish I had access to the information as to how many record requests are being received by CMH right now... and if that has anything to do with the company plan to finish the contract by September?

Diesel, you'd look good wearing a United cap :D

But there is still a league. We can take our talent to the other team if this team doesn't want to pay for our skill.

Boom!

Another bud just pulled the plug for the airlines.

They could have had us relatively cheap 18 months ago. Hansell thought he knew better.

So there ya go.

Latest resources

Back