Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crashpad

"Why do you come to me?"
Has anyone noticed more of late the increase in non-english speaking passengers? Does the inability to follow directions conflict with FAA regs?. Will we eventually be required to give briefings and employ F/As' who are bilingual?

crashpad said:
Has anyone noticed more of late the increase in non-english speaking passengers? Does the inability to follow directions conflict with FAA regs?. Will we eventually be required to give briefings and employ F/As' who are bilingual?

Don't worry yourself over this....most of your seat back emergency cards are in two or more languages....these will suffice.

If you are truly concerned, contact your Chief Pilot or your POI for furthur explanation.

Tejas

Delta has been giving their pre recorded briefings in both English and Spanish for years..

I flew a half english placarded airplane the other day.

here in Mexico they always give all the info first in spanish then in english, and you dont have americans on every flight..

crashpad said:

yeah its only 2005 and yes, fasten your seatbelt for this one, amazingly the airlines do indeed have non-english speaking customers

I know thats a news flash

Thanks amigos. I'm gonna go check out the briefing cards in my plane. I never knew they were in more than one language. Doh!

Latest resources

Back