• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

"Buenos Dias Passajeros"

crashpad

"Why do you come to me?"
Total Time
+13000
Has anyone noticed more of late the increase in non-english speaking passengers? Does the inability to follow directions conflict with FAA regs?. Will we eventually be required to give briefings and employ F/As' who are bilingual?

Tejas-Jet

Total Time
enuf
crashpad said:
Has anyone noticed more of late the increase in non-english speaking passengers? Does the inability to follow directions conflict with FAA regs?. Will we eventually be required to give briefings and employ F/As' who are bilingual?

Don't worry yourself over this....most of your seat back emergency cards are in two or more languages....these will suffice.

If you are truly concerned, contact your Chief Pilot or your POI for furthur explanation.

Tejas

C

ChperpltII

Delta has been giving their pre recorded briefings in both English and Spanish for years..

BRA

Rollins Rules!
Total Time
I flew a half english placarded airplane the other day.

Fernando

Total Time
here in Mexico they always give all the info first in spanish then in english, and you dont have americans on every flight..

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Total Time
5000+
crashpad said:

yeah its only 2005 and yes, fasten your seatbelt for this one, amazingly the airlines do indeed have non-english speaking customers

I know thats a news flash

crashpad

"Why do you come to me?"
Total Time
+13000
Thanks amigos. I'm gonna go check out the briefing cards in my plane. I never knew they were in more than one language. Doh!