• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BTW: These are the Terms Being Imposed on XJ Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On your phone bills every year you have been paying an "excise tax" that has helped to Fund the Spanish American War. Fortunately, they just recinded that this year and now you won't pay the 60-cent tax or whatever it was.

Looks like the RLA should be next on Congress' schedule.

BTW, we apparently lost the Spanish American War in the long run. Great use of money.

...Time for another "CA vs. FO" or "Lifers vs. FOs that will be working at Home depot" vote

That is the worst part - the FO's are going to be the ones who really take the hit - I didn't see that any of the forced concessions were seat specific, right?

And the worst part of all of this - XJ mgmt is using this bankrupcy advantage to get a free contract for the next 5.5 years. A good management team would be willing to say, "help us through this; when we get back on our feet, we'll rip this POS contract up, and get you paid appropriately." But not so here, eh? Like Kmox said, it'll be another 2.5 years on top of the 5.5 to even get back to something worthy.

And the worst part of all of this - XJ mgmt is using this bankrupcy advantage to get a free contract for the next 5.5 years. A good management team would be willing to say, "help us through this; when we get back on our feet, we'll rip this POS contract up, and get you paid appropriately." But not so here, eh? Like Kmox said, it'll be another 2.5 years on top of the 5.5 to even get back to something worthy.

Historically, when new contracts are negotiated, the increases are based upon the contract in hand. So, in 5.5 years, the starting point will be the concessionary contract.

You DUMB F***! What about the people that have spent years here and are now getting their arms twisted into this new contract? I wouldn't use the terms "willing to work for this" becuase NO ONE at XJ was willing to do this, it was forced upon them. Now, they have to chose between hoping they will grow or trading in their chips and starting over, rock bottom at some other horrible regional. It's not as clear cut as you candidly state. Think before you speak, F***er

I am sorry for your circumstance, I hope it improves. Your point can be made about any regional airline. Mesaba is using bankruptcy to impose pay cuts that would not necessarily be seen had standard market dynamics been used to determine compensation.

They (Mesaba Management) are playing with fire. In this case the 'fire' is supply and demand of pilots. They will find it impossible to staff your airline and have no choice but to reduce the fleet. When they do that how will your quality of life change?

I contend imposing these terms means the end of the airline. They say if they don't get the cuts it's the end of the airline. Either way the outcome is the same.

Best of luck to you, honestly, I know where you're coming from.

Someone mentioned unemployment benefits...

I may be wrong...but I thought if the job changed or the environment in which you worked had changed and created a situation in which you could not work- you may be eligible for unemployment.

I am sure I am not wording it correctly but I think there is some type of clause like that. May be worth checking into. Could be a good use of union money to hire a lawyer who specializes in unemployment benefits.

Just a thought.....

Sadly, it still looks better than Mesa.

Granted, MESA is not a good deal.

But, in this example, I'd have to say that MESA is a better choice than Mesaba.

At least at Mesa, they have the very real possibility of upgrade.

Mesaba, you do not have even that.

I bet the union agrees to a contract that has almost all of those changes. The union has proven in the past that it lacks a backbone.

Make sure you don't taxi any faster than you deem is safe over there in MSP, DTW, and anywhere else now... Safety first.

And if you suspect anything that shouldn't be on the runway, a go-around is only prudent.

I like it when its nice and quiet when I jumpseat on you guys, so if you could keep the power back, that would be great.

Also, if there's no jetway driver, there should have been. Using the radio just adds to frequency congestion.

Never fly with anything broken either. I heard those older Saabs tend to break after taxiing for a bit and have to return to the gate a lot. That's unfortunate, too...

Latest resources

Back