• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BTW: These are the Terms Being Imposed on XJ Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those willing to work for this, deserve what they get.

You DUMB F***! What about the people that have spent years here and are now getting their arms twisted into this new contract? I wouldn't use the terms "willing to work for this" becuase NO ONE at XJ was willing to do this, it was forced upon them. Now, they have to chose between hoping they will grow or trading in their chips and starting over, rock bottom at some other horrible regional. It's not as clear cut as you candidly state. Think before you speak, F***er

As bad as XJ is now, and it is VERY BAD, it is not as bad as first year pay at some other crap house. Even ALPA acknowledges that they eat their young.

I know we lose a lot of the TV generation here, but the battle is not over. Labor has every reason to believe we all will win in appeals. When Mesaba Labor can strike, the proposed sympathy strikes will add real and undeniable leverage. I'm one of those guys who strongly advocates a system-wide strike. I believe it is the only way anyone will care enough to listen, and put the necessary pressure to bear to stop the maddnesses of airline managements. Unfortunately, the only way we can approach a large scale strike is to first win back the legal right to strike at Mesaba.

America is about more than the economy. Anyone remember civil rights? I bet some of you think it all was over in the 60's and 70's. Well, you are wrong. Our civil rights are under strong and concentrated attack and in great peril. This is the "war" we should all be concerned with right now.

XJ Management really really sucks. Their behavior is unethical, immoral, and reprehensible. The battle is, however, not yet over.

I really hope you guys can shut that place down. Don't take this the wrong way but its better to be looking for a job collecting unemployment then it is to be treated the way you are. ********************ing managers. . . .may they all rot in hell. Same with the damn judge too.

Yep, the unemployment insurance part is key. Anyone who quits mesaba right now will not be able to recieve UI.

I'm one of those guys who strongly advocates a system-wide strike. I believe it is the only way anyone will care enough to listen, and put the necessary pressure to bear to stop the maddnesses of airline managements.

Systemwide is a good idea!!!!
Seriously! this is getting out of control. We need to do a better job to try and educate the public. People who travel want to have competent, qualified pilots flying the aircraft. If this trend continues, we will be left with a bunch of recent graduates from XXXX training academy, who haven't figured out that this job isn't as cool as they thought and the money is worse.

The American public thinks we ALL make 100k+ so if we don't inform them otherwise, they won't care. They WILL notice if we all call in sick for a week, but ONLY if we get out the word that we make $15,000 a year to start (if Mesaba is the future) I think knowing the guy up front makes less than your kid at Butger King would make people nervous. Hello ALPA are you listening? We need a full page ad in USA today and the WSJ addressing this NOW!!!

There will be several posters who will point out that the public doesn't care. As long as they can still go to unrealisticfares.com and get that $49.95 flight from LAX-JFK they are oblivious. Maybe, but if they are inconvenienced and educated, maybe they will. What we are doing now IS NOT WORKING!!

Sorry, just woke up to the Mesaba news and I'm Pi$$ed off!!

Now, they have to chose between hoping they will grow or trading in their chips and starting over, rock bottom at some other horrible regional.

Why do you have to start over at another regional? Having the "I gotta fly for a living" mentality is dangerous.

That TA is a POS and it goes until 2012 whereas it will take another 2 years of negotiating to try and return to something close to the contract you previously had.

But I get the sense that no one really will quit. A lot of anger and a lot of talk, but 3 years from now, a lot of you will still be working for this TA hoping that in 2014, the next contract will be better.

Why do you have to start over at another regional? Having the "I gotta fly for a living" mentality is dangerous.

You've missed my point. It doesn't matter, starting over at another regional, or breaking into another completely different career at age 40 or 50, both options suck and should not even have to be considered based on life experience. Unfortunately though, in aviation, experience doesn't matter... if you lose your job or walk away from it, you're back at square one (wether it be at another regional, or non-aviation career). Back to my original point, it's not that easy to just fold and walk away from this job or career just because management has imposed this new contract, especially if you've been here for a long time. Should it be done? Who knows, I'm not here expressing my opinion on that.

S,omewhere, either on this tread or another, it was mentioned that the "Red Tail" family should join together in a job action in order to bring this injustice to the attention of the flying public. I doubt that would happen given the fact that the NWA pilots couldn't or wouldn't even stick up for themselves during their contract modification process!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back