Brutal IPC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TDTURBO said:
"Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, if you win, you're still retarded." - Anonymous

Then stop arguing already.

TDTURBO said:
I am beginning to think you are the one in your avitar, since I posted the pic and you used it.

TD, you have already demonstrated your thinking is seriously demented. But to answer your allegation, no that is not me in my avatar. I grabbed it because It makes a great avatar. I did notice, however, that your rebutal is weak.

I changed my avatar for the time being so you can see who I am. You now have a face to go with my name. I didn't upload my own photo because I wanted to spare the flightinfo people the agony of looking at me.

Last edited:
Enough beating that dead horse. Like Turbo, a dead horse is past learning. How about some quotes from people who were, at least, smarter than I on the current topic....

JAFI

--------------------------------------------------------

Rules are made for people who aren't willing to make up their own.
Chuck Yeager

Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven. William Shakespeare

Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough
to make all of them yourself. Anon

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are
no old, bold pilots. Attributed to W.W. Windstaff, 1914-18

The pilot who teaches himself has a fool for a student.
. . . Robert Livingston

In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
— Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900

Mix ignorance with arrogance at low altitude and the results are almost guaranteed to be spectacular.

— Bruce Landsberg, Executive Director of the AOPA Air Safety Foundation.

Maybe this quote sums it all up:

You can cure ignorance through education but stupidity is a choice. Unknown

Last edited:
Tell that to the hundreds of dead pilots that read the POH and it said "not approved for ice" only to find out they accidently picked up a 1/4 inch and panicked and died.

How many people do you know that crashed because a door wasn't closed all the way?

Fear comes from the unknown and fear breeds panic, if you seen it before in controlled conditions it's just another day at the office, you keep your cool and save the day instead of, "oh my god!. Ice, were all going to die"!

Knowing exactly what your plane will do with ice on it isn't in any POH. Without going into neurophysiology and how it relates to human behavior, suffice to say there is no substitute for experience.

What makes you think you won't end up a lawn dart?

Everyone that flys, regardless of hrs, has that risk.

I now have the experience, you apparently don't, who then is the safer pilot?

I'm still wondering how you made a controlled icing condition while flying? I thought TonyC was God, but I guess I was confused and you are...
Fear comes from the unknown and fear breeds panic
Let me give you a lesson on dealing with emergencies in general so you dont have to risk your life practicing them. The ADM (aeronautical decision making) process is a systematic approach to the mental process used by aircraft pilots to consistently determine the best course of action in response to a given set of circumstances.

Detect a change needing attention
Estimate the need to counter or react to change
Choose the most desirable outcome for the flight
Identify actions to successfully control the change
Do something to adapt to the change
Evaluate the effect of the action countering the change

now if you couple that with icing knowledge you should be able to escape that situation without panicking and alive.
What makes you think you won't end up a lawn dart?

Everyone that flys, regardless of hrs, has that risk.
But I minimize my risk by not putting myself in unnecesarry danger "for some experience" and that my friend is why you will end up a lawn dart.

Now I Dr. Phil your a$$

There are 5 hazardous attitudes that negatively impact a pilot's judgement and ability to make competent decisions, you suffer from 3 out of the 5.

These 3 are:
Anti-Authority
Invulnerability
Macho

With these 3 combined you have a mixture that creates a ticking time bomb.

Here is a good way to subside these attitudes:
For your anti-authority, remember the rules are there for a reason, many people have died because they flew into known icing conditions in unapproved aircraft.
For your invulnerability, it could happen to you. When your tail buffets from ice your nose might rise and enough ice might build on the bottom of the wing to send you into a dead stall.
Lastly your macho attitude, taking chances is foolish. It does not make you a safer pilot if you take chances and come out alive. A safe pilot would never have taken those chances to begin with.

I hope I have helped you realize that you infact do have problems that need attention, remember the first step to solving your problems is admitting you have them.

JAFI said:
Enough beating that dead horse. Like Turbo, a dead horse is past learning. How about some quotes from people who were, at least, smarter than I on the current topic....

JAFI

--------------------------------------------------------

Rules are made for people who aren't willing to make up their own.
Chuck Yeager

Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven. William Shakespeare

Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough
to make all of them yourself. Anon

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are
no old, bold pilots. Attributed to W.W. Windstaff, 1914-18

The pilot who teaches himself has a fool for a student.
. . . Robert Livingston

In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
— Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900

Mix ignorance with arrogance at low altitude and the results are almost guaranteed to be spectacular.

— Bruce Landsberg, Executive Director of the AOPA Air Safety Foundation.

Maybe this quote sums it all up:

You can cure ignorance through education but stupidity is a choice. Unknown
You can add these as quotes because I thought they were pretty good.

Jfk Jr was wealthy beyond my wildest dreams, but his money couldn't buy him out of the bottom of the ocean... Victor Shiflett

A persons wealth or success out of the cockpit does not mean success in the cockpit is guarenteed.... Victor Shiflett

I changed my avatar for the time being so you can see who I am. You now have a face to go with my name. I didn't upload my own photo because I wanted to spare the flightinfo people the agony of looking at me.[/QUOTE]

What I meant to say is that the photo in the avatar is me, I didn't use my own photo in the past because I wanted to spare the flight info people the agony of looking at me. It is me in the pic though, all 295 pounds of me.

Big Vic Shifffllettttttt.....

Latest resources

Back