Brutal IPC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
350DRIVER said:
Yeah, a tool making over $300,000+ a year as a doctor, many rental homes, who has his own 182RG that is paid for. Hey man, just for kicks how does it feel to make "peanuts" to fly that shiny new ERJ around and live paycheck to paycheck?. Sorry, just curious... Yeah, TD is leading one miserable life- LOL (I about p!ssed my pants when I read your response, thanks for the laugh)

I think Mr. TD has the last laugh on this one.

$25,000 a year, you daaaaaaaaaaaaaa man:D

TD- you had to get a kick outta that one?. Mommy and Daddy probably still paying for his little one bedroom apt.!

Jfk Jr was wealthy beyond my wildest dreams, but his money couldn't buy him out of the bottom of the ocean. A persons wealth or success out of the cockpit does not mean success in the cockpit is guarenteed. Ask all the doctors who were killed crashing Bonanzas. Notice that I didn't say flying. Oh wait, you can't ask them, they are dead.

TD I would also like to add that there are no " controlled conditions " when it comes to icing that you will ever experience. NASA is still doing everything they can to understand icing and they are still working on it. NASA uses many ways to test ice, but the one that sticks out the most is when they fly behind another airplane which is spraying them to get the wing to form ice. They do this in VFR no cloud/moisture conditions so if the wing gets too much ice they can quickly melt it.

How do you experiment with ice? Do you penetrate a cloud and let the ice form and try to climb or descend to get the ice off. If this is so, which really seems to me what you are doing, you are flirting with death. Ice up and hope to get to better conditions to melt the ice. I also read that you take your airplane up to altitude and shut the engine off and stop the prop. Why? This is wreckless and dangerous behavior. Most sane people want to avoid an engine failure and you induce it. I hope you don't treat medicine the same way. " Well Mr. Jones, your leg is healing nicely but I have decided that I want to inject you with a dirty needle to induce gangreen to see if I can stop it before I have to amputate your leg. Shall we.....

The more I think about this the more I am convinced you are an idiot. Here is my challenge to you. I want you to see if you are fast enough to get out of the way of a bullet that has just been fired at your forehead. To do this, place the barrell of a semi-automatic handgun against the front of your forehead. Pull the trigger. Don't cheat and move your head before pulling the trigger. You have to wait until you hear the bang before moving your head. If you can move faster than the bullet, you will get the experience and can now safely walk the streets knowing nothing can touch you. Let me know how it goes.

Last edited:
I will when you find the guy that wrote them to say a guy can fly legal IMC without ever entering a cloud.

Well, today is your day, brightspark!

November 7, 1984
Mr. Joseph P. Carr
Dear Mr. Carr:

This is in response to your letter asking questions about instrument flight time.

First, you ask for an interpretation of Section 61.51(c)(4) of the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) regarding the logging of instrument flight time. You ask whether, for instance, a flight over the ocean on a moonless night without a discernible horizon could be logged as actual instrument flight time.

As you know, Section 61.51(c)(4) provides rules for the logging of instrument flight time which may be used to meet the requirements of a certificate or rating, or to meet the recent flight experience requirements of Part 61. That section provides in part, that a pilot may log as instrument flight time only that time during which he or she operates the aircraft solely by reference to instruments, under actual (instrument meteorological conditions (imc)) or simulated instrument flight conditions. "Simulated" instrument conditions occur when the pilot's vision outside of the aircraft is intentionally restricted, such as by a hood or goggles. "Actual" instrument flight conditions occur when some outside conditions make it necessary for the pilot to use the aircraft instruments in order to maintain adequate control over the aircraft. Typically, these conditions involve adverse weather conditions.

To answer your first question, actual instrument conditions may occur in the case you described a moonless night over the ocean with no discernible horizon, if use of the instruments is necessary to maintain adequate control over the aircraft. The determination as to whether flight by reference to instruments is necessary is somewhat subjective and based in part on the sound judgment of the pilot. Note that, under Section 61.51(b)(3), the pilot must log the conditions of the flight. The log should include the reasons for determining that the flight was under actual instrument conditions in case the pilot later would be called on to prove that the actual instrument flight time logged was legitimate.
Sincerely,
/s/
John H. Cassady
Assistant Chief counsel
Regulations and Enforcement Division

Let's see, a doctor, private pilot, 1000 hours, his own 182, likes to test the limits......... Haven't I read this in a NTSB report(s)??

How much ego can you fit into one head?

You guys are wasting your time.

JAFI

------------------------------------

"Never argue with a fool - people might not know the difference." - Anonymous

avbug said:
Well, today is your day, brightspark!

November 7, 1984
Mr. Joseph P. Carr
Dear Mr. Carr:

This is in response to your letter asking questions about instrument flight time.

First, you ask for an interpretation of Section 61.51(c)(4) of the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) regarding the logging of instrument flight time. You ask whether, for instance, a flight over the ocean on a moonless night without a discernible horizon could be logged as actual instrument flight time.

As you know, Section 61.51(c)(4) provides rules for the logging of instrument flight time which may be used to meet the requirements of a certificate or rating, or to meet the recent flight experience requirements of Part 61. That section provides in part, that a pilot may log as instrument flight time only that time during which he or she operates the aircraft solely by reference to instruments, under actual (instrument meteorological conditions (imc)) or simulated instrument flight conditions. "Simulated" instrument conditions occur when the pilot's vision outside of the aircraft is intentionally restricted, such as by a hood or goggles. "Actual" instrument flight conditions occur when some outside conditions make it necessary for the pilot to use the aircraft instruments in order to maintain adequate control over the aircraft. Typically, these conditions involve adverse weather conditions.

To answer your first question, actual instrument conditions may occur in the case you described a moonless night over the ocean with no discernible horizon, if use of the instruments is necessary to maintain adequate control over the aircraft. The determination as to whether flight by reference to instruments is necessary is somewhat subjective and based in part on the sound judgment of the pilot. Note that, under Section 61.51(b)(3), the pilot must log the conditions of the flight. The log should include the reasons for determining that the flight was under actual instrument conditions in case the pilot later would be called on to prove that the actual instrument flight time logged was legitimate.
Sincerely,
/s/
John H. Cassady
Assistant Chief counsel
Regulations and Enforcement Division

Even though you missed my point, that being a reg can be unwise and foolish, you did however point out the "Brightspark" that wrote it. For that I thank you, only an idiot would let a pilot obtain an IR without flying actual, that was my point.

semperfido said:
and there is a problem with this?:)

Yes, Bush is an idiot. I used to vote republican before this idiot ruined our country, I also hate democrats, I guess that makes me an independant. Hence the anticonformist perception you enjoy attacking. Follow in life, don't lead, we need people like you too.

Last edited:
JAFI said:
Let's see, a doctor, private pilot, 1000 hours, his own 182, likes to test the limits......... Haven't I read this in a NTSB report(s)??

How much ego can you fit into one head?

You guys are wasting your time.

JAFI

------------------------------------

"Never argue with a fool - people might not know the difference." - Anonymous
Of course you never read about DE's crashing or CFI's in NTSB reports, your arrogant attitude eludes to being immune to such an event, don't count your chickens yet, the day may come for any of us wether we like it or not.
You have a firm grip on the obvious, commendable for a fed. You are quite correct, they are wasting my time. Good day.

--------------------------------------

"Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, if you win, you're still retarded." - Anonymous

With that, I bid you farewell, it is time to prepare for box manuvers over New Lenox.

Last edited:
flyifrvfr said:
TD I would also like to add that there are no " controlled conditions " when it comes to icing that you will ever experience. NASA is still doing everything they can to understand icing and they are still working on it. NASA uses many ways to test ice, but the one that sticks out the most is when they fly behind another airplane which is spraying them to get the wing to form ice. They do this in VFR no cloud/moisture conditions so if the wing gets too much ice they can quickly melt it.

How do you experiment with ice? Do you penetrate a cloud and let the ice form and try to climb or descend to get the ice off. If this is so, which really seems to me what you are doing, you are flirting with death. Ice up and hope to get to better conditions to melt the ice. I also read that you take your airplane up to altitude and shut the engine off and stop the prop. Why? This is wreckless and dangerous behavior. Most sane people want to avoid an engine failure and you induce it. I hope you don't treat medicine the same way. " Well Mr. Jones, your leg is healing nicely but I have decided that I want to inject you with a dirty needle to induce gangreen to see if I can stop it before I have to amputate your leg. Shall we.....

The more I think about this the more I am convinced you are an idiot. Here is my challenge to you. I want you to see if you are fast enough to get out of the way of a bullet that has just been fired at your forehead. To do this, place the barrell of a semi-automatic handgun against the front of your forehead. Pull the trigger. Don't cheat and move your head before pulling the trigger. You have to wait until you hear the bang before moving your head. If you can move faster than the bullet, you will get the experience and can now safely walk the streets knowing nothing can touch you. Let me know how it goes.

I am beginning to think you are the one in your avitar, since I posted the pic and you used it.

bigD said:
I think this quote pretty much sums it up for me.

Big D, if you know a CFI with 0ver 1100hrs in 182rg's, I would love to find them, that fact is they don't exist around here and none of them have a clue how my panel works, what the switches are for, if the HSI is coupled to the AP and how to verify that the HSI is reading off the GPS or the ILS. Like I said, I end up doing the teaching with new CFI's, that's why I found who I found. If I mentioned his name you would know him, he is the leading expert in the midwest on MU-2's with 10k in type with another 10K in everything else, this is who I fly with.

Latest resources

Back