• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bring Back People on furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[QUOTE1. NJA GROWS the fleet (Not likely)
2. The Old guys start dying at the crowne plaza (cause none will retire)
3. D-Bags STOP accepting the Extended days
4. DS goes away][/QUOTE]

Perhaps in some sweet bit of irony: item #2 will happen more rapidly due to item #4.

That's funny right there.......

1. Theres never been solidarity at NJA. See any reference to pre '05 and post '05

2. Mandatory retirement is woefully absent. Active pilots over 70 is unsafe, and unacceptable. Period.

3. Furloughing 500 and not downgrading anyone isn't smart. How does it make financial sense to have a bleeding company full of captains making mid 6 figures?

4. A-holes picking up extended days should be named and then shot. See number 1.

5. Recalls? Right...

Wow-- I didn't know guys were doing this on the road. So much for solidarity/backing the furloughed I guess

Are you kidding, this is human nature. There is no solidarity at NetJets amongst the pilots.

You are already being tested with these extended day offerings.

Test us... you'll see.

Better yet, don't test us. It's cheaper.

Are you Freak'n kidding me?? You've been tested for over a year now! Guys extending and any chance, and the Union advocating it. A big majority working the 18day. Huge retirement packages offered to 330 pilots over 60 most of whom already have pensions and non took it because "They like flying a few times a month" even they know that was going to directly cause the furlough of guys starting out their carrier.

WTF more testing do you need man?
NJA is the poster child for the greedy selfish pilot group.

Some of what you guys are saying is true, but it's the case at every carrier. I didn't like seeing the 411 endorsing picking up extended days any more than the rest of you, but I've also been around enough to know that most line pilots don't need the union to hold their hand.

As far as solidarity, until we have hard numbers to see how many pilots are picking up extended days, this talk is premature. What I do know about NJA solidarity is that my son had an excellent Christmas with his family that wouldn't have happened without the generosity and solidarity of the pilot group.

When things go wrong, I'll call those responsible out on the carpet loudly, rapidly, publicly, and coherently before those of you complaining now have a chance.:D But to do so before the full story is written is misplaced and might just be the impetus for remaining pilots to give those of us on the street an extended middle finger to go along with those extended days. I say out of respect for the many that are holding the line.

Latest resources

Back