Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brian Wilson Endorses The ASA Coalition!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm betting nobody but our Golden Domed friend even zeroed in on that remark (if it was even made, which I doubt). But I'm sure he'll respond that EVERYONE IN THE CLASS was aghast! See, the truth is whatever you believe it is, and when you hate your leaders that much, it poisons your mind to objectivity.

I actually like Dave. I have worked with him in the past and he is very dedicated to what he does. I don't "hate" him or any other ALPA person. Why is it if you disagree with someone, you think they "hate" them. You have been very vocal of some of our pilots yourself. Do you "hate" them?

Johnny, it's all about accountability of which the present MEC has very little. I am not anti-ALPA/union yet I do have serious doubts about our present local leadership and the "Stay the Course" mentality. Say what you want about LJ and the coalition but it is tx for change within the local 112. When SKW Inc bought ASA they never changed tactics to adabt to our new negotiating environment which was a serious mistake. To this date they have still refused have refused to make any changes. This will drag on for another 4 years w/o change.

Last edited:
We aren't anti-alpa. We want ALPA to do things differently and we want ALPA to stop the transfer of aircraft. Just because you criticize the way some things are done in ALPA, doesn't mean you are anti-alpa.

The current MEC is stepping out. Only Faruzzi is running again, and many don't want him to continue. If the MEC is going to be replaced, many of us are ready for a different approach to these negotiations.

First off, it seems Newie is the MEC chairman, Farruzi and Utley are running, and Mohr is going to LAX. How are they all stepping down?

Second, You keep saying "many of us". "Many people". Where are they? I only see three of you. You'll need at least 50%+1 pilots to make it happen. That's, oh, let's see... ABOUT 800 PILOTS! I see three or so.

quit speaking for the majority, when you're clearly in the minority!

Oh, and another thought... what makes you think ALPA can stop the asset transfers? That's up to Jerry, and I'll bet my 15 year -700 paycheck against yours that they continue even if we get the deal Lynn is proposing.

Johnny, it's all about accountability of which the present MEC has very little. I am not anti-ALPA/union yet I do have serious doubts about our present local leadership and the "Stay the Course" mentality. Say what you want about LJ and the coalition but it is tx for change within the local 112. When SKW Inc bought ASA they never changed tactics to adabt to our new negotiating environment which was a serious mistake. To this date they have still refused have refused to make any changes. This will drag on for another 4 years w/o change.

All I can say is that y'all are starting to sound very desperate. You just keep chanting the same mantra that change is good.

If you three arent the alter egos of the Jackson 5 themselves, I'll be surprised.

See y'all in the morning.

JP, do you believe that the NMB will hand down a proffer of arbitration? Do you have confidence in the this "Stay the Course" mentality that our present MEC has put in place? Do you believe that we can get the gap between proposals closer together if we don't actually sit at the table and communicate? If you answered no to any of these questions then, no matter how great DN and the MEC are as people, it may be tx for a change.

JP, do you believe that the NMB will hand down a proffer of arbitration? Do you have confidence in the this "Stay the Course" mentality that our present MEC has put in place? Do you believe that we can get the gap between proposals closer together if we don't actually sit at the table and communicate? If you answered no to any of these questions then, no matter how great DN and the MEC are as people, it may be tx for a change.

BINGO! The gap is too far and the NMB isn't going to give us a release or even bring us back together until the gap is closed. Digging in our heels now will simply result in us remaining parked while our airplanes are sent to Skywest. Time for a change.

Actually at a recent recurrent class, Dave admitted that the NMB will probably turn down ALPA's request for a profer. When asked what ALPA's next step will be if the NMB turns down the request, he answered "we don't know". Instills confidence doesn't it.

Irish,

I have a very hard time beliveing that Dave stated " I don't know". I just don't see Dave saying that.

701EV

BINGO! The gap is too far and the NMB isn't going to give us a release or even bring us back together until the gap is closed. Digging in our heels now will simply result in us remaining parked while our airplanes are sent to Skywest. Time for a change.

You and your fellow hand puppets want change then vote for it. And if your change candidates don't win then how about getting on board with the majority and stop all your whining.

Good point. We are told that these things are what the majority wants, but we aren't shown the actual polling to back up those statements. How do we know that this is what the majority wants. I guess this election will determine if this is really what the majority wants.

Yes it will and when your change doesn't happen you will still be on this board whining about why you want your way and how evil the MEC is. If you are calling the MEC liars about the polling results why don't you come to the next LEC meeting and say it there. You are truly a worm.

Actually at a recent recurrent class, Dave admitted that the NMB will probably turn down ALPA's request for a profer. When asked what ALPA's next step will be if the NMB turns down the request, he answered "we don't know". Instills confidence doesn't it.

Were you at that recurrent class? Did you hear him say it or are you just passing gas through your mouth?

Latest resources

Back