• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking Rumor: SKYW to buy 100 MRJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok.. "USair flying out of Charlotte, Pheonix, etc(didn't happen)".. "Big announcement soon!" (no announcement), "lots of 700's next week(no 700's)"... these are some to name a few.. I forgot many many more, basically because your credibility is blown, dude. You get tuned out. Knock off the know-it-all routine.

I'll give you the US Air CLT(even though it still might happen) Other than that you got me mixed up with someone else on the lots of 700s and the Big announcement posts. Find the posts and I'll take it back, because I sure can't.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The MRJ looks like a cheaper version of the C-Series. Obviously the MRJ works better with seat count to fit the scope clauses. That said, the C-Series looks like a game changer for the 100-130 seat class in terms of efficiency and performance - just not sure who will be flying them in the US besides Republic........

Sounds like DAL may still be interested in the Bombardier "C". NWA was very interested in using them to replace their DC-9s.

Currently, production of the "C" is sold out through 2016.

Many operators/buyers are worried the production schedule will radically slip, like the -380/-787/747-8 did. I think when the schedule holds (or is not delayed too much), and the planes are coming out/close to coming out, then a big buying wave will occur.

The "C" is quite new (mostly their GTF-Geared Turbofan Engines, by P&W), and as most of us new, ANYTHING new is scary and upsetting to a large portion of the population.

cliff
GRB

That's the one red flag I see in this deal: Skywest has always had an aversion to being the launch customer of any airplane. I can't see them doing it now.

Sounds like DAL may still be interested in the Bombardier "C". NWA was very interested in using them to replace their DC-9s.

Currently, production of the "C" is sold out through 2016.

Many operators/buyers are worried the production schedule will radically slip, like the -380/-787/747-8 did. I think when the schedule holds (or is not delayed too much), and the planes are coming out/close to coming out, then a big buying wave will occur.

The "C" is quite new (mostly their GTF-Geared Turbofan Engines, by P&W), and as most of us new, ANYTHING new is scary and upsetting to a large portion of the population.

cliff
GRB

Good points Cliff. The challenge is that Delta has now acquired 88 717s from SWA/Air Tran. So, not sure how the C-Series would fit given the new additions in basically the same seat range of 120-130 seats. Plus, I heard that Anderson was not interested in buying a "paper" airplane that hasn't yet flown. Evidently the 717 fits the bill for Delta... I'd be interested to hear more about Delta's interest and how this could fit with the 717 and the various 70-seat RJs out there... I suppose the CS100 (100 seater) could fit and maybe not compete directly with the 717 - who knows...

From what I have read, the C-Series will be a great airplane with excellent engine efficiency and the most modern cockpit available when it is produced. The cabin will also be better than any comparable airplane out there. Check this out video regarding the flight deck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9KxdNvIFf8

That's the one red flag I see in this deal: Skywest has always had an aversion to being the launch customer of any airplane. I can't see them doing it now.

OO not the launch customer.... The first MRJ's go online in 2014 or 15. 3 other airlines have delivery dates BEFORE skyWest.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back